Author Topic: Retrosigmoid done Jan-2015. Ongoing issue with infection  (Read 1824 times)

calla23

Retrosigmoid done Jan-2015. Ongoing issue with infection
« on: July 21, 2015, 02:04:01 pm »
Hello, my name is Jim and I recently had an acoustic neuroma removed this past Jan at MAYO. I went back 3 months later and the follow up MRI showed some troublesome enhancement in the area of the first tumor removal. After going in for a second surgery, the bacteria was found to be proprion bacterium. I was to infusion and had a PICC started on May 12 and treat for 4-6 weeks. I'm now in my 11 or 12 week and won't know anything until I go back to MAYO in August. the most recent MRI shows something still there, there just don't know if it's residual from the surgery or the infection. These MRI's were done here in Illinois and they didn't have the pre-MRI's from mayo to cross reference. So now both sides said to just keep the picc in until I go back to mayo in August. Pretty frustrated all of this isn't over yet and how or why I have this propionbacteria in my head. Just trying to see if anyone had any bacterial infection issues post surgery. Thanks for reading. Jim