Author Topic: AN movie with Tom Hanks ?  (Read 1953 times)

satman

AN movie with Tom Hanks ?
« on: October 23, 2007, 08:51:06 am »
Has anybody heard of a guy named
Michael Gates Gill ?
He was a bigtime corporate millionaire
who lost his job ,wife ,money and everything.
After all this he finds out he has an Acoustic Nueroma.
At this time in his life he has no money or health insurance so he needs to find
a job with benefits ,obviously.
He got a job at starbucks and now he has
wrote a book called "How Starbucks Saved My Life".
Word on the street is Tom Hanks has already showed interest in
playing the character in a movie.
I personally have no association with any part of this,
I just thought it was interesting.
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

lori67

Re: AN movie with Tom Hanks ?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 09:18:13 am »
I'm halfway through the book right now.  I would love to see a movie made of it.  I only picked it up because I'm a Starbucks fanatic and I thought it might be interesting.  I was really surprised when it actually mentioned AN.  I haven't gotten to the part with his surgery yet, but I'm looking forward to reading that.  It's always interesting to see how other people do.  I'm not really a big reader (not enough time), but so far it's well written and keeps your attention even when you have to keep putting it down for whatever reason.   
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

coloradokidd

Re: AN movie with Tom Hanks ?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 01:11:13 pm »
Almost done with the book. A nice light heartwarming book, which happens to feature my favorite coffee ever! Unfortunately, movies just never measure up to the book. This one might with Tom Hanks involved.