Author Topic: Surgery on Friday  (Read 2979 times)

Cheryn

• Cheryn from Southern California
Surgery on Friday
« on: August 17, 2005, 12:33:03 pm »
Hi everyone. I have been hanging out soaking up all the valuble information on this board since I was diagnosed on June 20th.
I have a small 5x9mm tumor in my left ear so I'm off to see my wizards Dr. House and Dr. Swartz at the HEI (hence Dr. House...duh) on Friday for the middle fossa surgery at St. Vincent's. I'm terrified buy know I'm in good hands. For anyone new and scheduled to visit the House Clinic, they are amazing. The referral was turned in on a Monday, got the authorization on Wednesday, and was sitting with Dr. House on Friday. The clinic is huge and runs like clock work. They have the best possible people on staff. PhD's doing the testing, doctor's that are the best in the country. Absolutely an amazing experience. I feel truly blessed to be given such thorough care at a time when the medical field in such disarray. All things considered...if I can't be in the Caribbean, this is the next best thing. Thank you to all of you that have gone before and posted your experiences for us newbies to the field of "brain tumors". I'll post as soon as I can get the room to stop spinning and figure which key is the enter  :D  Thank you again to all who have made the experience more tolerable.
Cheryn from So California
5x9mm AN
Middle-fossa surgery at House Ear Institute, 8/19/05
Dr. House & Dr. Schwartz

alibauer

Re: Surgery on Friday
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 01:46:29 pm »
Good luck with your surgery. I hope your hearing and other precious functions are intact when it's all over with! My guess is your chances are good with such a tiny tumor!

Ali

Jsoule

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 05:27:05 pm »
Cheryn, Best wishes on your upcoming surgery.  I love your sense of humor and your positive attitude. It will help through out your recovery...For some reason...I found the humor shortly after surgery...Maybe it was the drugs wearing off, but when I saw the dressing on my head it was the funniest thing I had seen in a while, and for Los Angeles that says something. It looked like a big Christmas bow. I also wouldn't shut up (my husband tells me) for Chiinese food in the recovery room. The Doctors, nurses and my family laughed, but I really wanted some. My experience was a good as it could be. Keeping positive, finding something to laugh at, and knowing your are moving on to the next chapter will help. House is a wonderful facility... Had my surgery there myself, and happy I did. Bless you

kristin

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 06:55:39 pm »
well, as you already seem to know..you're in good hands! :)
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

russ

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 10:55:15 pm »
Hi Cheryn!

"which key is the enter"  Why, it's right above the right shift key so don't forget!! - smile -
  May God bless you with a successful surgery, Cheryl, and a strong recovery! He has placed you in great hands to be guided.
  Thanks for your kindness, candor, and humor in your original post in this thread!
  Russ

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 01:23:44 pm »
Posting after the fact, but hoping all went well and curious of outcome... ready to welcome Cheryn back and hope the "bow" was at least fashionable with the hospital johhny! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"