Author Topic: Pirattitude Party in Philly  (Read 3769 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Pirattitude Party in Philly
« on: June 01, 2007, 10:42:04 am »
We are trying to organize a Pirattitude Party at the Philly ANA Symposium, for Friday night,  perhaps in one of the hospitality rooms, or someone's suite.   Cards, Games, Grog, maybe, and of course full pirate regalia or wenchwear is requested, but not required. Anyone interested?

For those of you who think this is weird, or just nuts, please remember that it takes much intestinal fortitude to fight this AN thing and it's aftereffects, which Pirates got in abundance!!!AAARRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Re: Pirattitude Party in Philly
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:38:40 am »
First mate looking for a pardon, can't do Friday, have Phillies tickets for that night! 

When we going to go get our tats Captain???
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

madshackle

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 02:49:38 pm »
Sounds great, count me in ! And here I was thinking my parrot would feel out of place.

Dave
2 mm right side with severe hearing loss and tinnitus. No growth since detection Summer 2006. Watch and wait, next MRI in March 2008.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 05:57:35 am »
Of course, I'm in on this... I know Saturday night is the semi-formal night (and I have plans with local friends after the semi-formal), so Friday night Pirat-it-tude night works for me.  I've inquired if we can get the hospitality room that the ANA is setting up...and if not, then we can use my room.....

I've got my Pirate gear ready to go and as the PBW Cruise Director... will come up with AN fun and games... you know.. stuff like.... balance races in the hallways.... "Go Fish" card game with Pirate cards......  "I've got a secret" game to be told in hearing loss ears... you know, fun stuff! :)

Mark/Mary and all... have that bail money ready! We're going to need it...  ;D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 07:29:54 am »
There's a semi-formal night?  Geez - that changes the packing plans!  LOL!

I'm up for a pirattitude party - tell me when/where and I'll show up!

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 07:28:03 am »
Here is the link to the overview of the symposium and what is scheduled. Please see Saturday night's listing for the semi-formal.  Dang, means I have to wear a dress and shave my legs!  :o

http://www.anausa.org/symposium.html

Pirat-it-tude Friday night..... :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 09:24:31 am »
Please do the pits too! ;D

CD 8)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 10:47:51 pm »
Hi, Captain Deb -

just have to ask, what is the PBW?  I keep reading it in posts, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it stands for.  It's probably something really easy to figure out, too, right?

Also, I read somewhere that you are a Parrothead and have met Jimmy not once, but three times!  I am SO jealous.  I am seeing him in Alpine Valley, WI on July 28th but would give my right ear (the good one) to meet him in person  ;D

Jan B

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 05:04:14 am »
Jan,
You need to go to the good morning thread and start at page one and read all the way through.  It explains everything and is better reading than the book of the month !  No fair skipping through and there are no cliff notes or cheat sheets.  I read it back when I couldn't sleep and some parts you need Depends for.  Hsve fun
Brendalu Wench
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 09:28:32 am »
Brendalu -

sounds like a verrrry interesting story.  I can't wait to read it!  Hopefully tonight when I can't sleep (again), I'll look into it.

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 11:20:21 am »
Hi, Captain Deb -

just have to ask, what is the PBW?  I keep reading it in posts, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what it stands for.  It's probably something really easy to figure out, too, right?

Also, I read somewhere that you are a Parrothead and have met Jimmy not once, but three times!  I am SO jealous.  I am seeing him in Alpine Valley, WI on July 28th but would give my right ear (the good one) to meet him in person  ;D

Jan B

Jan B
Well, ye Parrotthead wench,
I got me Radiomargaritaville on and am ampin' up for the tailgate pre-show in Cincy!
Ye Gots yerself some Buffett tickets? Good for you!!!!!! Hope yer head and hearing both behave!

He cam to Charlotte last6 year, but I was still in headache mode alot of the time and opted not to try to go.  Most of the time I've heard him has been at impromptu jams. I designed the sets for a show of his in Aspen a hundred years ago and he inspired me to get my butt back to the Virgin Islands from whence I came.
Then I'm sittin' on me boat in the Sheraton Marina and this boat starts heading into the empty slip next to me, so I hops up to catch their lines, and behold--it's Mr Jimmy and his Capt just sailed down from Florida. We crossed paths a few more times whilst he was sailing around down there and making "Volcano" on Montserratt. The Caribbean was the place to be in the 70's and 80's!

Have a great time at the show and tell JB hi from Capt Deb!

Capt Deb 8)