Author Topic: completely OT: first days of school  (Read 4947 times)

Battyp

Re: completely OT: first days of school
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 09:37:45 pm »
Katie I have the perfect lil pirate for them! My 4 year old niece :o)  If they are anything like her I bet they keep you on your toes! What a bitter sweet day...you know the first day of school is the true mothers day!  It's a day of peace and quiet and anxious waiting to hear how their day went. Mine just started his senior year. I wonder if he'll let me take his first day of college picture  LOL

Static

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2007, 08:34:10 pm »
Batty, My oldest is in college and I usually only hear from her when she needs cash!  My youngest who started high school this year always wants cash!  My biggest problem is that the money tree died a long long time ago!  There was a good cartoon in the Saturday paper this past weekend, the cartoon was Cathy showing how things have gone up in cost so much and comparing the price of a notebook years ago to a notebook now among other things and we all know that a notebook then was a paper notebook and a notebook now is a computer.  Well, I hope you get the idea without me boring you and maybe some of you saw the cartoon.  Anyway, if I could scan, I would copy it somehow.  Anyway, point is, things have really changed since I was in school to the way things are now and my youngest will be graduating HS in 4 years.  I can't imagine how it will be by the time Kates kids are ready to graduate HS.  I guess by then they will need a notebook for HS!  You ready for that one Katie??
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

Cheryl R

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2007, 07:59:58 am »
Our local paper stopped carrying Cathy and I found it is available at www.gocomics.com/cathy
   I have to have my Cathy fix every day.      You can read previous days strips also so the one mentioned is avaiable.                I thought that particular strip was very good and does makes us think about what life used to be. 
                                                     Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 09:12:14 am »
Batty, My oldest is in college and I usually only hear from her when she needs cash!  My youngest who started high school this year always wants cash!  My biggest problem is that the money tree died a long long time ago!  There was a good cartoon in the Saturday paper this past weekend, the cartoon was Cathy showing how things have gone up in cost so much and comparing the price of a notebook years ago to a notebook now among other things and we all know that a notebook then was a paper notebook and a notebook now is a computer.  Well, I hope you get the idea without me boring you and maybe some of you saw the cartoon.  Anyway, if I could scan, I would copy it somehow.  Anyway, point is, things have really changed since I was in school to the way things are now and my youngest will be graduating HS in 4 years.  I can't imagine how it will be by the time Kates kids are ready to graduate HS.  I guess by then they will need a notebook for HS!  You ready for that one Katie??
~Karen

Karen,

Both my kids are already very adept at using computers, and the 5yo even knows where all the letters are on the keyboard!  My husband is a self-proclaimed computer geek (he's a software engineer), so we have about 7 computers for a household of 2 adults and 2 children - I have no doubt that they will be using notebooks for schoolwork long before they reach high school! 

;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2007, 02:08:08 pm »
Yay Katie--I think this forum needs more family pix like these! What cuties! Thing 2 reminds me o' my Thing 2 grandkid. Only 2 last week and already a well-developed sense of humor. I see how much work raising 2 little boys is and all I can do is think of how awesome you are to have coped with AN surgery and 2-little-boy-motherhood at the same time. Bravo, lady! You totally RAWK!!!!!!

Hugs,

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2007, 06:53:42 pm »
Katie,
   Long time no post. it's been a while, was just lurking about and found this post.  The boys are very cute, you must  be so proud. More importantly, I am so proud of YOU.  Getting through a day post AN surgery is tough for everyone, but when you have tiny ones depending on you, It makes the challenge all that more difficult.  My girls were 6 & 9 when I had my surgery, almost 3 years ago now. And I remember how hard it was to try and carry on the mom duties with all the postie stuff. I remember when you had your surgery thinking about the additional challenge you had, and your boys were much younger than my kids at the time.  ALthough I do know that having the kids and their needs that needed to be met helped me pull along that much quicker.   Take care of yourself and those darling little ones.

HUGS
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year