Author Topic: My AN "Book"  (Read 2015 times)

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
My AN "Book"
« on: August 31, 2007, 02:30:49 pm »
Hi all,

As a lot of you know, I've dabbled in the idea of writing an AN book about our experiences. When that fell through I kept writing and at least wanted to chronicle my personal experience. I've been writing for, hell, about 3 years now and I've come pretty close to completing my story to date. My goal isn't to sell it or anything, but to make it available to those who want to hear about a real life personal experience. The "rough" draft is done including my experiences through two microsurgeries and gamma knife. I also threw a bunch of photos in there. At this point, I'm looking for a few folks who'd be willing to read it and give me their opinion. Someone that can say "it's be helpful if you elaborated on this or that, or this part was great/unneccesary" Anyway, if anyone is up to reading it, I'd appreciate your feedback, it's shorter than a book (barely) but much longer than a term paper. I have it available to email if anyone is interested. I'd love to know what you think.

If you'd like me to send you a copy, just shoot me a quick email at

sryan@villagegreen.com

It ends pretty abuptly, but I wanted to get some feedback before I finish it off.

Thanks so much everyone. I think there is a little something for everyone in there   :)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 02:34:32 pm by msuscottie »

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
Re: My AN "Book"
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:36:35 pm »
Just wanted to thank everyone who has emailed me and checked out my little story. I appreciate you taking the time and offering your feedback.

Thanks   :)

Pembo

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 05:41:41 pm »
I've read it and for anyone out there, it's a great read. To me it was fascinating how many of the emotions and thoughts that Scott had mirrored my own.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:45:20 pm »
YES, a great inspiration Scott is. Thanks for sharing the "whole" story with us Scott.  I'm sure it was somewhat painful, yet theraputic to write it all down. You've been through allot
Take Care
patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 09:26:44 am »
Thanks again   :)