Author Topic: Nervous about what to expect tomorrow ....  (Read 2631 times)

Denisex2boys

Nervous about what to expect tomorrow ....
« on: September 24, 2007, 10:15:19 am »
Well, the day is almost here ……. I am nervous as heck about tomorrow with my appointment with Dr. Parnes.  I was soooooo’ relieved when I was booked the appointment but since I have been waiting all summer for it – it has almost not seemed ‘real’ – but I am scheduled for another audiogram for 1:15 pm tomorrow at University Hospital in London, ON – and then I have to meet with Dr. Parnes and he will view my MRI cds from the June scan.  I am sure he will order another MRI – I am just sooo’ anxious about everything  - I have my ‘list’ of questions for him – but I just feel completely sick to my stomach …… and the fact that this is the beginning of the whole journey ….  It all just seems sooo' surreal right now .....
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

ceeceek

Re: Nervous about what to expect tomorrow ....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:56:55 am »
Try and hang in there, I am sure everything will go fine, It is amazing what they can do these days, an hopefully you will get all the answers you need.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Ceecee
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 12:10:19 pm »
Denise,

Oh I am SO pleased to hear you actually got in to see Dr. Lorne Parnes. This is very good news. The fellow (Canadian), Dr. Sumit Agrawal, who assisted with my surgery at Stanford, has the utmost respect for Dr. Parnes. The two are colleagues at U of WO. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Agrawal (he was the Canadian warm fuzzie who held my hand through the scary surgery trip to Stanford) …

In Dr. Parnes you are in good hands – he is one of Canada’s reputable AN surgeons…

If and or when I ever return to Canada- to Dr. Parnes (and Dr Agrawal if he does not fall in love with California this year) ENT dept door would be THE first door I would be knocking on …for follow up.

Hang in there, be brave and tell Dr Parnes (who I have not met in person but did correspond with) that I said hi.

You will soon realize that the big AN world is actually very small.

“Keep moving forward�

:)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 01:53:17 pm by 4cm in Pacific Northwest »
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 01:21:59 pm »
Denise:

I, too, felt my 'AN experience' to be somewhat surreal, for a different reason.  I went from a doctor visit, some blood tests and a CT scan  to an MRI lab - then, a diagnosis of something I had never heard of -'acoustic neuroma' - to a surgical consult, then another, and then, a surgery date, all within a few weeks. Oh yes, with a false alarm cancer scare in-between.   It felt like a roller-coaster ride.  Fortunately, my wife acted as my 'conductor' and it all ended well, as I'm sure your 'ride' will, too.  Hang in there, and know that we wish you all the best.   :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:25:57 pm »
I totally empathize with your nervousness and feelings that this can't be "real".  It's almost an out-of-body experience to start this AN journey because everybody must have that "Are you talking to ME?" mentality when something serious is brought up with regards to our health.  I sat there with the NEUROSURGEON, and the RADIATION ONCOLOGIST and went to the Gamma Knife center and looked at the MACHINES and I kept thinking....whoa, I hope I wake up from this dream soon, because this is not really happening. No way, Jose.  Not me.  You got the wrong gal, guys.  Somebody has made a HUGE mistake!   ;)  Takes awhile for it to all settle in and to come to terms with our new universe.  But, you know, we are just heading down that superhighway of life, and this is not the exit we were thinking of taking.  Exit 2CM, people in this lane must exit, whether you want to or not.....

Best wishes for a bump-free ride!

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Samantha n Adrian

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 09:40:20 am »
Denise,

Best of wishes to you hun! We are all so much stronger from our AN journeys and you have us to lean on whenever you need! :)

Lets us know how everything goes today. I will be thinking of you....

xox
Sam~
Age 35/ 4cm AN right side, Transpetrosal aproach, 9/6/07
Dr. Loren Bartels - Otolaryngology & partner Dr. Christopher Danner
Dr. Harry van Loveren - Neurosurgeon & partner Dr. Levine
Dr. David Samuels - Anesthesiologist
Tampa General Hopital, Tampa FL
These guys re-assembled Humpty Dumpty!

satman

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 01:52:58 pm »
God Bless you.
so far my prayers have worked for the DALLAS COWBOYS ,ha,ha.
it will all be over very soon and you will come through this like the champ you are.
prayers are heading your way from Dallas Texas !
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 02:38:20 pm »
Thoughts and prayers heading your way from Boone, NC, and the Seven Seas of my imagination, too!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

cookiesecond

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 04:58:00 pm »
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Lynn from SC

Jackie

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 05:33:24 pm »
Hi Denise,

God's speed to a full and wonderful recovery!! May your life be better beyond measure!

Jackie in Oregon
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???