Author Topic: Met with Otolaryngologist today...Good news  (Read 3786 times)

diverjeff

Re: Met with Otolaryngologist today...Good news
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 09:58:02 pm »
cookiesecond - We celebrate 27 on March 14th. Seems like just yesterday.  Each year gets better and better.  Seems when the metal of our lives is tested, together we become stronger.

Kaybo - Merriam-Webster defines a family as:   3 a: a group of people united by certain convictions or a common affiliation - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/family
           Yes, we belong to a very unique family.

yardtick - "Yep, sweeps and washes the kitchen floor and does laundry!!!!"   You and you husband are indeed very fortunate to have each other. 

Safety & blue skies,

DJ
A father gave his son a stick and asked him to break it.  The son broke the stick with ease.  Next the father bound some sticks together and asked his son to break them. No matter how he tried the son could not break the sticks.  The father said, "That my son, is the strength of a family."

Esperanza

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008, 05:15:37 am »
Thanks diverjeff for the explanation!
I have only had audiology so far.  I keep being told my symptoms will get better (i.e. tinnitus and balance) but how can they when the thing is still in there?  I actually find my balance is slightly worse when the tinnitus worsens - I really wish there was more research in to AN's, how the cells get triggered to grow etc.  There doesn't appear to be any pattern to who gets them - or is there? As there are all ages on here diagnosed there might be a common thing that has been missed??
There must be a reason why they 'switch on'??

I am tired of tinnitus being blanketed as an emotional response.  I was feeling pretty good when I woke up yesterday but the tinnitus was worse what ever I did and is noisier today  -  more clicks, whistling, whooshing etc.  feeling of pressure increased markedly too - surely it has more to do with the nerve being irritated by the AN than my emotions? 

Take care all.
Profoundly deaf suddenly on AN side with vertigo January 3rd 2008.
12mm left side AN diagnosed 20th Jan. 2008.  MRI  in July shows no growth. What do I do now?????

vcschaub

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008, 12:39:22 pm »
Those of us married over 25 years are a rare breed these days. My husband and I have been married 35 years (8/19/72). We met in high school. January 5th was the 39th anniversary of our first date!! He has been my rock all these years.
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 03:26:51 pm »
Those of us married over 25 years are a rare breed these days.

Yes, you are.  I made it 1 1/2 months short of 22 years - and the way it was, I hung on at least 8 years longer than I should have.

Congrats to all of you who are happily married; it is a tremendous feat.
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways