Author Topic: Bad pain in head  (Read 3889 times)

mema

Bad pain in head
« on: September 10, 2007, 06:42:33 am »
Hi everyone,                                                                                                                                                                                   

Last night woke up from rolling from my left side to my right side.  I was lying on my left AN side turning my head on the right .  What I felt was like a heavy weight in my head on the whole  AN side.  The pain on a range from 1-10 was a 10.  It lasted only a moment. My last MRI was just in June and looked good. Has anyone ever experience anything like this before.                                                         

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Battyp

Re: Bad pain in head
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:28:02 am »
Hi Mema,
  I get sharp pains that only last for a minute or less. Not sure what causes them. Feels like someone is twisting my brain. Sharp ear pains too. Very uncomfortable and painful nothing I can do and do not last very long. If they did I'd be going to the ER.

M

Dealy

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 09:18:12 am »
Mema- yes- for thel last month I have been getting a sharp stabbing pain in my head on the AN side.It does not last long but feels like you say-someone twisting your Brain inside. Also my AN ear feels so full. I am checking  with local ENT to see if I have an infection inside or water-fluid behind eardrum. No answer though on the twisting in the head for you. I am still experiencing shooters and zappers in my face-although Neurontin has muted this some. They are gradually increasing the dosage to see what works.These are more painful than the twisting feeling in my head. Johns Hopkins told us the shooters and zappers are from the radiation-wondering if the twisting feeling too the Brain is the same thing. Thanks_Ron

mema

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 10:41:03 am »
Michelle  and Ron,                                                                                                                                                                     

Glad to hear from you guys.  Yes I guess  I can describe it as a twisting my brain type of feeling.  Ironically I have been battling these on again off again ear aches, so you both mention ear pain and ear fullness too.  Must be connected in someway.  I finally found a bottle of red wine without sulfates.  Had a glass last night watching football.  Thought maybe that had something to do with it.  But again whenever I have any type of brain pain or unusual brain feelings, its when I'm falling asleep or been asleep.  Then I always have deep, strange dreams following this.  Maybe I need to go to a sleep clinic!                                                         

mema
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Betsy

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 05:48:18 pm »
Hi Mema,

I've had those sudden head pains too...and it always happens when I'm laying down.  It's not so much a twisting as it is a piercing pain in my AN ear.  It's gone in seconds too.  I can't remember if I had them before the radiation or not.  I'm seeing my radiation oncologist for my first post-radiation check-up tomorrow and I'll ask him about it.  What an adventure, huh?

Betsy

15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 03:47:58 pm »
I have the sudden pain also and I haven't had radiation.  Maybe its a AN thing?
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

TP

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 08:13:35 pm »
I get sharp, stabbing like pains in the back and side of my head about 2 times a week. If I get more than one sharp pain in the evening I take two strong aspirins immediately. I find that aspirin helps within a few minutes. I have been blessed not to have headaches that last long since my surgery and recovery but I do get a little scared when I feel the sharp pain starting. 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision

Static

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 08:44:57 pm »
For what it's worth, I get a very sharp pain in my right side (AN side) also.  It feels more like it's in my ear.  I also have alot of pressure/fullness in my right ear.  I don't know how often the pain comes, I don't really pay attention to the frequency because it goes away after about 20 or 30 seconds.  The pain is very bad though, enough to make me stop what I'm doing until it's gone.  I guess it's just one of those annoying daily reminders!
~Karen
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

deea

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 12:06:15 am »
Mema,
My experience is just like Dealy says, sharp pain and a fullness in the AN ear.  I am willing to bet it is "one of those AN things".  Not pleasant, but usually does'nt  last too long and is tolerable.  I am almost 4 weeks post op  middle -fossa left AN.

Hope you can find some relief.
deea

mema

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 07:20:47 am »
Thanks all,                                                                                                                                                                                   

Gives me some relief that I'm not alone experienceing this pain. I guess I was a little freaked out.  It wasn't too long ago I found out what my spasms were and now a different, very painful experience.  I wouldn't even consider telling one of my doctors, I know their response would be that dumb look.  You know what I mean.  Thank God for this forum and friends that go along with it.                                   

mema
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 01:48:16 pm »
Oh my goodness. I can totally relate. I do sometimes get these sharp stabbing pains on the back of the head on AN side. Comes and goes. I actually had a few last night and today. Very strange.
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012