Author Topic: For those who have ringing on good side  (Read 3331 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
For those who have ringing on good side
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:46:11 pm »
Ok I understand that there has been a topic on this already but today I'm really scared. I have had a MRI on Nov. 25th that shows non AN side shows nothing. I have ringing on that side off lately. Today I've had it happen to me a couple times. Once or twice really loud. I hope I'm not alone. Please for those who have this problem from time to time please give me some reassurance that I'm not alone.  :'(
Thank you
Mindy
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
Re: For those who have ringing on good side
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:06:20 pm »
I have ringing on the "good" side... its not as loud.. but its there..... and others do to .... your not allone....
I've had lots of MRI's done too... (I've lost count....)
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 02:08:49 pm »
thanks Joef! Its really great to hear I"m not alone. Thank you for your support!!!1 ;D
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

leharner

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 05:28:50 pm »
Hi Mindy,
i definately have ringing on both sides, sometimes in harmony ;), but often the an side feels full or plugged, and the good side gets the tinnitus!
What a joyful noise!
Laura

Richey

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 09:23:15 pm »
I have ringing on the good side and have for a long time, in fact it was worse on the good side than the side with the AN until the AN side went deaf. After that the ringing on the deaf side became much worse or I just notice it more because I don't have any useful hearing coming in on that side to buffer the ringing.

Lot's of people have the tinnitus for a number of reasons but it seems strange that when your hearing goes the ringing is still there. We are complicated being.

jb

• My MRI sequence:
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 10:35:50 pm »
I've had occasional ringing in the good side for a couple of years.  I've asked multiple doctors to check that side on my MRI and they all say it's fine.  Doesn't feel fine, but I try not to worry about it too much.

2 cm right-side AN, diagnosed July 2006
Cyberknife at Georgetown Univ. Hospital, Aug 2007
Swelled to 2.5 cm and darkened thru center on latest MRI's, Dec 2007 and Mar 2008
Shrinking! back to 2 cm, Aug 2008
Still shrinking (a little), I think about 1.7 cm now, Aug 2009

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 10:39:55 pm »
jb when you say it doesnt feel fine do you mean you have more than ringing going on? My ear has been bothering me lately. Slight feeling of fullness and sometime poping sound. I just had MRI and all is fine.

Mindy

jb

• My MRI sequence:
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 11:46:13 pm »
Mindy, I have fullness and popping also.  The popping is strange because there is a popping sound, but no relief of the pressure/fullness feeling.  I occasionally grind my teeth at night, so my ENT thinks it is a TMJ-related problem.  I also have tight neck muscles and will sometimes get the popping sensation by stretching or massaging my neck.  This never seems to stop the ringing, though, and sometimes makes it worse.    ???
2 cm right-side AN, diagnosed July 2006
Cyberknife at Georgetown Univ. Hospital, Aug 2007
Swelled to 2.5 cm and darkened thru center on latest MRI's, Dec 2007 and Mar 2008
Shrinking! back to 2 cm, Aug 2008
Still shrinking (a little), I think about 1.7 cm now, Aug 2009

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 07:51:01 am »
Hi Mindy,

Like many, I have also had intermittent ringing/tinnitus in my non-AN ear. For me, it didn't crop up until post-CK, but it's occurance is far and few between.

Hang in there! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

mema

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2007, 03:11:53 pm »
I too have ringing on my good side along with occasional clicking.  I also have earaches on and off in both ears according to the ENT from pressure of earplugs                                                                                                                                                                     

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.