Author Topic: Eye Twitching  (Read 4499 times)

shoegirl

Eye Twitching
« on: October 26, 2005, 09:44:36 pm »
HI,

I am having lots of eye twitching! ;) Very Annoying.  The weird thing is it is my right eye and my AN is on the left side.  I hope it is not noticable? People probably think I am making a sad attempt to try to wink at them! (HeeHee).  Perhaps it will come in handy next time I get pulled over for speeding!   ;D 

I wonder if this gets worse as you go - I hope not?

I am done rambling - just thought I'd share.

left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

kristin

Re: Eye Twitching
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 10:00:06 pm »
hi suzanne..funny thing, about two months before i was dx'd, my left (AN side) eye twitched for about 3 or 4 weeks (not totally sure how long really). it drove me nuts! my sister who worked at an optomologist's office said eye twitches were caused by stress..i told her the only stress i had was from my eye twitching! kind of a catch 22...

anyone else out there w/ eye twitches? AN side or non-AN side?
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 10:02:21 pm »
I have had an eye twitch but not related to my AN. It was definitely due to being run down and lack of sleep. I guess you just don't know whats going on in the head when you have an AN.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2005, 10:03:53 pm »
Hi,
I have periodic eye twitching on both sides - not at the same time. Since I don't have a non-AN side, I can't theorize about that. I do believe though, that my twitching is caused by fatigue and stress.
Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

shoegirl

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 08:32:33 am »
Hmmm,  Interesting.  I'll have to see if it makes a difference when on the days I am well rested.  I don't imagine the stress thing will be gone anytime soon.   Thanks for the feedback.  ;) 
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

wanderer

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 10:05:39 am »
after my paralysis subsided my face was fine for a few months then started twitching like crazy for several weeks.   then it subsided.  every once in awhile it will act up again.   Occasionally the other side twitches as well.    For a little while the bridge of my nose was twitching. 

annoying but better than paralysis.

gloriak

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 11:49:04 pm »
I had eye twitching for more than a year before I was ever diagnosed - it drove me crazy and I kept going to different doctors.  I am a photographer and they told me 'maybe it's from closing one eye ;) - i was only diagnosed with AN in the last month.  But it is on the same side, and i feel that it was probably because of it, of course, what do we know.

debora

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 06:52:21 am »
I also had eve twitching, and it is on the right side which is the side the tumor is on.  I didn't even put it together till you mentioned it.  My tumor is small, 5.6mm so don't know for sure, but since the radiation haven't had it happen again.