Author Topic: awaiting MRI results..anxious  (Read 4044 times)

nervousnellie

awaiting MRI results..anxious
« on: January 16, 2008, 08:15:55 am »
Good Morning
I am new to this forum and could use some feedback.  I had an MRI with contrast completed on Friday and am now awaiting the results. My family doc did not say specifically what he was looking for, but the radiologist mentioned that the contrast was used to look for an AN.  I am 33 years old and sought medical attention for dizzy spells and a general sense of being off balance.  I have a history of vertigo diagnosed as BPPV, but this is a bit different. My world does not spin...i just feel like I am spinning and off balance. I also have an earache ((feels like a pea in my ear) and some tingling in my face on the same side...not constant..just when the ear starts to hurt.  I should hear today in regard to my results. I just wanted to share my story and get some feedback
Thank you
Kate

berniejfnp

Re: awaiting MRI results..anxious
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 08:27:01 am »
Hi Kate,

Let's keep our fingers crossed that your MRI does not show AN!!  Keep us informed, you have our support for the best outcome.

Bernie

pattibobatti

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 11:11:59 am »
Hi Kate,

The waiting part is not fun at all.  I sure hope you don't have an AN.  If you find out today that you do have one, this forum will be sooo helpful to you. 

Two years ago, right now I was in surgery having my AN removed!!  I guess I have come full circle.  If you do have an AN the real good news is that you will be fine. 

I will be thinking of you today and wishing that you don't have one.  Please let us know.

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid
  paralysis, cornea transplant,avascular necrosis

'Are we having fun yet?'

pattibobatti

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 11:18:46 am »
Hi Kate,

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you.  I hope things are ok..... 

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid

'Are we having fun yet?'

nervousnellie

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 12:54:31 pm »
Hi Patti
Thanks for your thoughts! I am still waiting for my results. I called the doc's office on both Monday (they didn't have them yet) and yesterday (no word) I am hoping that in this case the old adage no news is good news applies. I will let you know when I hear. Thanks again!
Kate

nervousnellie

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 03:00:05 pm »
The nurse called and said my MRI looks normal. I am very relieved with the good news. With AN ruled out, my doc and I are back to his original thesis that the vertigo and ear problems are associated with with BPPV or an inner ear distrubance of some kind. I have been very anxious for many days not knowing what is going on, I feel a lot of relief. I will return to my doc and perhaps on to the ENT if my "stuffy ears" don't clear up within the next couple of days.
Thanks for your support and I wish everyone well on their jouneys
Kate

pattibobatti

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 04:23:07 pm »
Wow, wow, wow!!!

Well, that was some good news!!  I am very happy to see that you don't have an AN.

Good luck to you and now you can have a nice weekend!!

Patti
17 mm AN removed 1-16-06
  retrosigmoid

'Are we having fun yet?'

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 04:35:55 pm »
Hi, nervousnellie:

So glad to read that your MRI ruled out an acoustic neuroma tumor.  I trust that your doctor will be able to find the source for your symptoms and help you to get back to normalcy.  Thanks for stopping by to share your good news with us.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

mema

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2008, 12:18:33 pm »
Nervousnellie,

Great news its not an AN.  But what does BPPV stand for.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 03:19:16 pm »
Nervousnellie,

Great news its not an AN.  But what does BPPV stand for?

Mema:

Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo.  Caused by a buildup of naturally-produced calcium carbonate in the inner ear.  A common cause for vertigo .  Easily treatable.       

Jim                 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.