Author Topic: Vertigo post GK  (Read 3306 times)

Sefra22

Vertigo post GK
« on: January 20, 2008, 05:37:05 pm »
I am now 10 months post GK. I never experienced any dizziness or vertigo until 5 months after treatment. I was made aware that this could happen. The vertigo was
very sporadic (and mostly mild)for 2 1/2months. Since then, I only have it for a few seconds when I carry grocery bags up the steps to my house, or when I walk on uneven surfaces such as cobblestones. Last night, I had one of the worst veritgo epsiodes I have ever had. I was walking up a city street, (uneven and at an incline) when the whole city started to spin. I had to stop and bury my face in my husband's chest. Shouldn't I be past this by now? Also, I have very mild occassional tinnitus, but when the vertigo starts, so does the white noise in my AN ear. Anybody else experience this? ???

Lisa
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Vertigo post GK
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 09:45:38 am »
Hi Lisa,

Almost 2 yrs post-CK and never really noticed, for me, a correlation between the vertigo and "white noise".... I get the white noise a lot in my AN ear but for the most part, my vertigo espisodes are far and few between. Hoping someone can give you there experiences as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 01:02:53 pm »
Hello fellow An'er's,

Could someone tell me what is "white noise"??
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

goinbatty

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 03:13:17 pm »
I've got one of those machines from homedics that has nature sounds and such and white noise.  Supposedly, if you play white noise it can mask the tinitus making it easier to fall asleep.  Not sure how old you are, but white noise reminds me of years ago before cable when the TV would sign off at night.  That loud fuzzy sound.  Hope that makes sense but there again, I'm not making much sense lately - HA!!  Just kidding.  Can you tell I'm ready for a vacation.....
Sandra
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 11:54:41 pm »
Sorry, Lisa, can't share in your experience. I hope it is not too troubling. Are they just the short 5 minutes bouts? The ones I really don't like the sound of are when someone says that are flattened in bed for 3 hours, unable to move, and utterly exhausted by the end of it. That kind of vertigo I can do without.

I sure hope things have settled by 10 months for me, but reading this forum, it is apparent that some people continue experiencing things past a year. Some one recently posted regaining hearing at the 14 month point. Lets hope your balance thing will straighten itself out shortly.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

candtlaw

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 02:35:40 pm »
I have had 2 episodes of "vertigo". Neither lasted longer than minutes...... I have more trouble with a lightheaded dizzy feeling. I clearly remember the vertigo though I was on vacation woke up looked out at the ocean and it all started spinning around me........ hang in there. I will be a year post ck 04/30/08.
Cyndi
post CK for AN 1cm 04/30/07

Loving my life today :)

mema

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 05:24:01 pm »
I had vertigo pre treatment as well as post treatment.  2 1/2 yrs later I still have bouts with vertigo.  Yes room spinning for  days, where I can just stay in bed and not move.  The slightest movement of my head starts the room spinning. Then theres the times when  I have gotten up in the morning and either a picture seems to move or the bathroom floor looks like its moving. This vertigo usually lasts for 3 hours where I stay in bed.  Then just about everyday I have some sort of light headedness.  When I worked I use to take meds for it, which  knocked me out for days.  Then I retired and decided not to take the meds.  No different I slept for days.  Go figure.

mema
6mm x 8mm left AN FSR 26 treatments Nov.-Dec.2005
MD Anderson Orlando, Fl.