Author Topic: Got the CK call today.  (Read 2127 times)

daylight

Got the CK call today.
« on: November 14, 2005, 05:37:07 pm »
I am not a frequent poster but have used this forum to make my decision for cyber knife.
I found Dr. Naff and Sinai Hosp. in Baltimore on the net.  I went for consultation and again for my mask and CT and MRI.  I got the call today and will have my first of three treatments on Wednesday this week!
I thought that I was mentally ready, however I'm fairly nervious.  I'm glad that I cancelled surgery with House, I don't think that I could have stood the tension!
I live about 3 hours north of Baltimore so I am leaving tomorrow afternoon and will return home Friday. 
BTW, I just got an email from Dr. Slattery of House Ear Clinic, the surgeon that was going to do M. F. on me, inquiring on what type of treatment that I had chosen and would like me to follow up with him on my outcome.  It's nice to know that there are concerned people in this world. If anyone is looking to have sergury for their AN, give him a call.
Sue B.
Sue B.

jamie

Re: Got the CK call today.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 05:53:09 pm »
Good luck Sue!

Don't worry, the treatment is nothing, just bring music if they'll let you listen to it. I made the mistake of not bringing my own and I had to listen to oldies, yuck! I just had my first follow up MRI on Sunday, and they let me listen to the radio on headphones (kinda surprising that didn't mess with the magnets), that made it much more tolerable though.
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

daylight

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 06:34:07 pm »
Thanks for the reminder, yes they told me to bring music.  I also had it last Monday during my MRI but it wasn't smooth jass!!
Sue B.

russ

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 11:47:04 pm »
Hi DayLight!
   Best wishes on your CK!!
   Also, thanks for giving HEI a good recommendation. I truly think the Drs there care.
   It certainly would be nice if all Drs using particular Tx modalities would drop their biases and become very knowledgeable in each others methods and work with their pts. rather than scaring them.
   Russ