Author Topic: things to bring to the hospital  (Read 5858 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: things to bring to the hospital
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 08:48:02 am »
Mary-

So glad you reminded me/us of that - I've just added it to my packing list!  Since I'll have a 90-minute drive home, this will be very helpful.

Debbi (B minus Three)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

jtd71465

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 01:10:17 pm »
Not sure if it's been posted yet...but a pillow for your ride home is useful. 

PS - don't let your father-in-law drive you home, mine hit every pot-hole on the streets on NYC.

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

lori67

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 07:34:28 pm »
You might want to check on cell phone usage in the hospital.  If theres a telemetry (heart monitoring) unit anywhere nearby, you shouldn't use the cell phone.  They'll be able to tell you though.

I have to say, I really didn't use anything I brought with me - except my pillow, my sweats and my chapstick.  They have toothbrushes, hair combs, soap, shampoo, powder, lotion.. pretty much anything you'd need.  I really didn't care much how I looked in my lovely hospital gown - I just threw my sweatpants on underneath while walking the halls so as not to give anyone a free show.  Besides, I figured it was less laundry for me to worry about when I got home.

Sunglasses for the ride home are definitely needed though!

And Joe, husbands can hit a lot of potholes too!  I think mine even backed up to hit one he had missed the first time on my trip home!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Cheryl R

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 10:56:43 am »
My one thing that bugged me in the hospital every time is that all the nurses gave me in the day was just natural tears.   That first surgery in 2001 I used a bumch of it.    Of course in time I found that we needed the heavier Refresh Liquigel and that has been my favorite ever since.   I make sure and take it with me when I have surgery.                 I am just amazed that one needs eye drops usually when has the AN surgery and they won't give us the stronger kind.                     At night I was given the right heavy overnight type.                                 So anyone coming up with surgery soon  might be in better shape to have the Refresh Liquigel with you when you go.             
                                                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care