Author Topic: Surgeries this week  (Read 4165 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Surgeries this week
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 10:27:03 pm »
David -

Yikes  :o  Doing all the wrong exercises for the past 5 months!!!  Who told you what exercises to do ???

Actually Ceci's daughter Meg posted yesterday and said that Ceci is doing fine.  Can't recall where I saw her post, but maybe if you search under "Daughter Meg" you can find it.

As for Melissa, I know she has a scribe, but I think she said her husband was going to contact her scribe and maybe he hasn't had the time yet.  Don't really "know" PrisB, just saw her name on the AN Calendar and I'm unsure if she has a scribe or not.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 11:46:30 pm »
I have heard of some exercises for the face being the wrong thing to do, but I have no clear idea of which is which.  This is one of the great puzzles for ANers with facial nerve issues - how are you supposed  to find out what the right thing to do is? (I am assuming you are referring to facial exercises, not balance exercises).  ???

I hope your PT and vestibular training do go in the right direction. My one encounter with a vestibular lab left me feeling that they were the people who had the best handle on how to deal with many of the side effects of ANs.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

LADavid

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 12:55:13 am »
Hey Steve and Jan

It's the balance exercise thing.  I was sent home from the hospital with this stock exercise program.  Seems I have been over-compensating for my lack of balance with my leg strength and not allowing my balance nerve to call the shots.  I did feel that the people in the therapy lab were focused on retraining my balance.  And I did find out that I wasn't imagining things.  I'm going to stick with it and see what happens.  They are the same place that's dealing with my synkinesis.  Too soon to tell yet, but I'll keep everyone posted.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Kaybo

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2008, 06:17:09 am »
David~
Maybe when you get going on all the right things, everything will come together even better.  Possibly nothing could heal right because everything was fighting against itself...just a thought.  ???   I'm sorry...I know how hard it is when you THINK you are doing everything you can to improve a situation and find out it is all wrong.  I think that is almost more disheartening (?) than the intial problem.  At least you are on the right track now and have the right people guiding you!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!