Author Topic: fatigue  (Read 3772 times)

cynthianz

Re: fatigue
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 11:45:20 pm »
I've really found some solace in your threads on the site.  I have a nearly 3 yr old and nearly 5 yr old and I know that if I didn't have them to think about I would be stronger.  BUT they make me stronger at the same time.  Were you more tired one month-2 weeks out from surgery as well?  I'm trying to keep the kids' routines normal without taking on anything new, but find I have no energy after 4-5pm for me-time and prep house/freezer/phone calls/emails, etc.   So tired. 
3.3cmX3.2cmX3.2cm solid and cystic AN left. Diagnosed 20 May 2008.
TranslabSurgery 19 June, 2008.  Auckland, NZ.  Will lose all left hearing, Surgeons Christopher Furneaux and Michele Neefe

Psalm 121

Kaybo

Re: fatigue
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 07:17:01 am »
Cynthianz~
More than one Dr. told me that I would ALWAYS be better in the mornings than the evenings.  The way it was explained to me was that your body is using extra energy just trying to compensate for the balance each day.  When I taught school, the principal said that she could tell the day of the week by looking at my face b/c when I was more tired, my eye would droop more...the end of the week.  I just learned to schedule stuff differently.  When I was still working outside the home, I didn't make plans for Friday night unless it was absolutely unavoidable.  Even now, I can't stay up and "clean up after the kids are in bed" - I do it in the morning.  I have found that if I am aware of evening activities ahead of time, it really helps me - I guess I just naturally alter my schedule a bit - of course, this is 12.5 years out!  AND weeks like the last 2 and all the end of school activities don't count!!
It WILL get better, it just takes TIME!!!   ;)
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!