Author Topic: Dentures ???  (Read 1610 times)

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
Dentures ???
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:53:56 pm »
Kinda off topic maybe . I cant put my dentures in  since my surgery. It seems the face sagging on my surgery side (rt) keeps them from seating on the top side.

Any body else ever have this problem? and if so did it improve , as im hoping, as your facial paralysis improved?

I'm kinda fed up with soup and fettuccine  LOL  :D

Thanks steve
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

lori67

Re: Dentures ???
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:27:44 pm »
Steve,

I don't blame you for being sick of soup!

I don't have that problem, as I don't have dentures, but I can imagine with the lack of muscle tone, it would be difficult to get them in right.  Have you asked the dentist about it?  Maybe there's something that can be done until your muscle tone comes back.  There must be a dentist out there who has come across this type of problem before.

I hope you have some more exciting menu choices soon.  My father in law just got dentures and can't chew for 3 weeks.  I think after this 3 weeks, if my mother in law serves him one more bowl of soup, she'll wind up wearing it!   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Dentures ???
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 10:43:08 am »
Steve:

FWIW I agree with Lori. 

I don't wear dentures but if I had this problem I would consult my dentist or a dentist who specializes in mouth problems to address the situation.  I'm sure there might be a solution but it may take some creativity to find it.  I would start looking - and your dentist is the logical first stop.  I trust you'll be successful in finding a solution for this vexing problem.  Soup and fettuccine is not a nutritious diet.  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.