Author Topic: Nose stuffed up  (Read 1711 times)

linny

• still problems, 3yrs later
Nose stuffed up
« on: May 22, 2008, 12:12:03 am »
Hi everyone, I am wondering my left side paralyzes has caused my left nostrial to be stuffed up all the time. Is there surgery that can be done to help this? If I hold that side up the skin kind of then I can breath better. I know its weird but hey it bothers me  ???And no question is a dumb one right?   ;D
Linda-2yr post AN 3-cm left side.  OHSU hospital , slow recovery for me. But then I had to have 2 surgeries with complications swelling of brain,

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Nose stuffed up
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:02:44 am »
Hi Linny - that happened to me too,  I use to use breathe right strips at night - they really do work (if I wasn't so vain I would have worn them to work too !).    Well, my T3 surgery took care of all that.  I don't know if there's a simpler procedure to help keep the nasal passageway open,  maybe an ENT would know ?   or someone else on the forum ?

Always good thoughts,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

WAB

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 06:08:31 am »
Yep, I had the same thing (still do).  The surgeon explained it to me - the paralysis (numbness) also affects the nasal passages making them "lazy" which makes it feel like your nostril is clogged.  What I find is that if I place my finger next to my nose, about mid-way up and lift a little, it relieves that sensation.  Just don't try to blow your nose! 

It will get better as your numbness resolves.

Debbi - still stuffy in NJ

satman

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 06:24:22 am »
I went through it ,was as if i was in the sahara,my face is still paralyzed but eventually the nose thing will get better,mine did.
i used a mist called ocean just to keep that area moist,mine was always dry,and as mom would tell you ,dont pick at that !
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:48:56 pm »
yep here too. my rt side nose doesnt work much cause the rt side face muscles arent working .

one of the exercises they gave me to do was to flare the nostrils 10 times in sets of 3 and do this 3 times a day.

dont know if its working yet but its an easy thing to do. :)
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here