Author Topic: schedule mixup with dr's.  (Read 1849 times)

claire1

schedule mixup with dr's.
« on: May 29, 2008, 10:35:39 pm »
Hi
Just when I thought I had everything all setup with the CK the next bomb dropped.  I'm sick and tired of incompetence in the medical field.(and other s too) I know I should just chill out but when you are constantly met with mix ups, you really begin to wonder.
 I was told this certain neurosurgeon was to be in on the "Team". And I liked him.  He is in a group with this other Dr ,whom I've met and really didn't care for. He was hard to understand,he's got a strong accent and I could neither understand him nor read his lips.( he's a down head talker, keeps his head looking downard as he speaks) I lip read and in combination with what little hearing I have ,I usually can figure out what people are saying. Well, to make a long story shorter, the CK center called today and told me the dr.,who I liked, couldn't be there so they made the appointment with the one I didn't care for.  O! BTW they knew I didn't care for him and they made the appointment anyway. ...I feel like I'm back to square one

I did call and found out that the CK center got it all mixed up ,but by that time I had canceled the MRI and CAT scan and had to change plans ,again. Then I just decided to go with the GK and be done with it. This was the same place that kept me waiting 1 1/2 hrs on an appoint.
Sometimes you have to hit in the head to recognize the right treatment is right in front of you. For everything that happens, there's a reason.  Still figuring out the reasons.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: schedule mixup with dr's.
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 10:54:02 pm »
Hi, Claire:

I agree that some doctors and medical facilities have incompetent, insensitive staffs - and that can make things difficult for the patient.  I think most of us can relate to your frustrations and annoyance with this situation.  I believe that sometimes these medical office people simply do what is easiest for them (or their boss) and have little regard for the patient's wishes, as long as you are seen by a doctor.  That you may have a preference doesn't seem to matter that much.  It should. 

That this mess persuaded you to forget the CK and just go with the GK is probably a good thing but it's a shame you had to go through this aggravation in order to arrive at that decision, which I hope works out well for you.  Try to think positive as you put this behind you and look toward your GK procedure and recovery, which I pray will be rapid and complete.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

cmp

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:05:07 am »
Claire--I'm sorry you ran into insensitive/incompetent treatment at the hands of the medical office. It's good to hear that a clear decision on what treatment to go with emerged from it, but of course that's hardly a desirable way to arrive at one... I hope everything runs ultra-smoothly from hereon in with the GK!

BTW, I'm hard of hearing and lipread too and had to chuckle when you described a "down head talker". Sometimes, I want to chuck people under the chin to get them to raise their heads! I can see why a doctor you had to struggle to hear would hardly be your first choice.

5 cm AN surgery, Shands Hospital, FL, Dr Albert Rhoton, 1988; VII-XII anastamosis for right-sided facial palsy 1989; diagnosed Feb 2008 w/ 1.8 cm recurrence; drs McKenna & Martuza; surgery rescheduled for 6/24/08!

claire1

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:46:04 am »
Jim
Thank You for your words. Sometimes when your in the midst of panic/frustration you start to think your making a wrong decision.  Your post put that to rest as no one should be treated by staff in this mannor.

Carrie
I always refered to them as down head talkers because at times you wonder if they are reading a script.  Ya know, like one size fits all.  Thank you for your post.

Have a Great Day