Author Topic: Sen. Edward Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor  (Read 5304 times)

MLB57

Re: Sen. Edward Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 11:11:43 am »
Hi guys--Yes I'm following Sen Kennedy's progress as I was born and brought up here in MA and admire him for everything he's been able to accomplish--I am also very interested to find out what kind of radiation he will have at Mass General as I had my FSR there last fall--the news reports mention "targeted" so I'm wondering it will be Proton Beam or FSR (LINEAC). ???

Talk later, Regards, Mary   ;D
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 12:01:13 pm »
GrammyMary, I was wondering that as well.  Although I may/may not agree with the politikal aspects, he was there for me (who woulda thunk my trifecta of medical, incl my brain booger) would have him help us in the way he did... and now... with his situation, wishing I could do more to help. Prayers and wishes continue for him. 

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

msuscottie

• Postie x 3
    • mytooma - the acoustic neuroma blog
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 02:18:31 pm »
Here's a link to a video clip with the Dr. who actually performed my sugery (Dr. Pieper) talking about Sen. Kennedy's tumor/surgery/doctor. If you click the link the video is on the right hand side. It was on the news here in Detroit.

http://www.wxyz.com/content/news/health/story.aspx?content_id=2de29bce-0d73-4c32-b51e-2823f9d7c45a

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 03:00:59 pm »
Scot,
  We may never hear the details of Ted's treatment plan.  Your doctor was mentioning some of the things I've been thinking where possible treatment options.  I'm somewhat familiar with Duke's Tish Brain Tumor Ccenter.  Something like 60% of Duke's Brain Tumor patients are involved with clinical trials, which is a high percentage.  I've been wondering if they are going to try one of the viral therapies.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 11:00:25 am »
Dr Friedman, who performed Sen Kennedy's surgery, was my cousin Cam's surgeon 5 years ago. Cam was diagnosed with a very agressive form of brain cancer just a few months before my AN was found and we sort of went through our treatments together, but with very different outcomes. We even had "mirror image" incision scars. Cam survived less than 16 months, but that was 6 months longer than they expected. Despite headaches, facial issues, eye problems, balance problems, single-sided deafness, and other issues we may have, we are all very lucky to be alive. Prayers go out to Senator Kennedy and his family.

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:02:10 am by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 11:18:33 am »
I agree Captain Deb, and I am very sorry for your loss.  Everytime I start feeling sorry for myself, I think about others who are far worse off than I am.
Prayers for Mr Kennedy and a hope that he lives as long as your cousin did.
I kinda think it's funny when people think I've been hitting the bottle at 6 a.m. when I'm out for my morning walk!!
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT