Author Topic: Decided on CK  (Read 1629 times)

sher

Decided on CK
« on: May 31, 2008, 10:37:06 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I just want to thank all of you for the responses I have gotten and the kind words. I am 99% sure I am going to do Cyberknife in August. I am dealing with a pinched nerve in my neck that I have to get a handle on before I do the procedure. I will let you all know when I have a date. Thank you again for all your support!!!!! God Bless you all!!!
Sherry
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

sgerrard

Re: Decided on CK
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 12:43:31 am »
When you get a date scheduled, be sure to put it on the AN Calendar, so we can all wish you well. The link is in my signature below.

Meanwhile, we will work on that last 1%.  ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:09:01 am »
sherry,

You should feel that monkey off your back.  Many find that once the decision has been made.... that monkey is removed... and its onward and upward to get it done and move on.  Hang in there... hope they can get the pinched nerve under control, but most of all.... be glad that the pressures of the decision making process is done, have faith in your decision, never 2nd guess what you have chosen for yourself and never look back.

Hang tough!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 03:04:39 pm »
Sherry -

congratulations on making your treatment decision!  I know from experience that it's a hard choice.

As Phyl said, never second guess yourself and never look back.  You know what is right for you; go for it  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:20:56 pm »
Sher:

99% rounds off to 100% - and August sounds like a great month for CyberKnife!  :)  Go for it!

Seriously, I'm so pleased you've just about decided on a treatment and have a (tentative) date.  This is a very important and difficult decision to make but once done, it is sort of liberating, as you now know.  So, congratulations.  :)

Thanks also for the tip of the hat to our posters, who are the backbone of the forums.  I'm just happy that we could help a bit.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

AJ

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 05:01:18 pm »
Sherry,
Congrats on your decision, half the battle is over  :)  I had CK treatments last week and my good friend Mary had hers this morning.  If either of us can be of any help, just shoot us a PM.

Take Care,
Annette
2.5cm AN diagnosed 3/25/08 Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ
Some hearling loss in right AN ear.
Slight Tinnitus and slight imbalance.
CK scheduled for May 28th! Woohoo!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 05:21:11 pm »
Congrats, Sherry - it feels great to make a decisoin on treatment, doesn't it?  And, I hear August is a GREAT month for CK!

Keep us posted.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com