Author Topic: The wonderful world of an AN'er!  (Read 1486 times)

Esperanza

The wonderful world of an AN'er!
« on: July 25, 2008, 06:46:36 am »
Today I have; a twitchy eye on my AN side, earache and a bit of 'cheekache' on the AN side, a sensitive tooth on the AN side (but that may be a filling needing attention!) and my eardrum on my good side seems to be going into spasm and 'playing like a drum' on and off.  Being as my good side had already developed a kind of strange low bass tinnitus recently I am wondering if my brain is trying to have my own private no. 1 hit!
Every day is soooo interesting with an AN - whatever next???  You have to laugh  ;D

We are having such a beautiful week weather wise in England - very sunny and I love it!  Everyone is so much happier and nicer here when the sun shines including me!! (Actually I am nice all the time - really! - but we don't get to see the sun very much you know!)
x

Profoundly deaf suddenly on AN side with vertigo January 3rd 2008.
12mm left side AN diagnosed 20th Jan. 2008.  MRI  in July shows no growth. What do I do now?????

satman

Re: The wonderful world of an AN'er!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 07:09:15 am »
maybe you can enjoy this,come sunday we are looking at 104 degrees in dallas texas. makes it a little rough on the eye.
i think we are at 20 days of over 100 so far this year ,and dont forget to add in 90-100% humidity.
you get out of the shower sweating,oh what joy!
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:18:33 am »
Esparanza-

You just have a great attitude and outlook - I would imagine that you are smiling most of the time!  Good for you - if nothing else, it makes others wonder what you are up to... ;)

And, yes, what a whacky world we live in with our ANs.  I look forward to the dull moments along the way...   :)

Debbi, in NJ, across the pond
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 07:26:35 am »
Esperanza:

I'm so glad you're enjoying the beautiful summer weather.  However, I'm not quite so happy to read about all the annoying 'souvenirs' of your AN that you're dealing with right now.  Fortunately, they seem to be bearable.  As we say, (irony dripping off every word): 'the fun never stops!' and of course the definition of AN's as 'the gift that keeps on giving'.  We have to employ humor laced with irony to help us deal with these relatively minor but still aggravating AN-related issues   You appear to be doing that quite well.  I trust your myriad twitches, aches and tinnitus will abate somewhat very soon and that the U.K. weather will stay sunny and pleasant a bit longer.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.