Author Topic: Gold Eyelid Weight Drooping (Ptosis)  (Read 1491 times)

Lance

Gold Eyelid Weight Drooping (Ptosis)
« on: August 13, 2008, 12:54:11 pm »
Hello everyone,

I had a gold eyelid weight implanted in November of 2007. It has helped greatly with the dry eye. However, I have noticed the eyelid drooping and causes my eye to look half closed at certain angles. The size is 1.2g and I wondering if I should go through the srugery again to get a lighter one implanted. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks.

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Gold Eyelid Weight Drooping (Ptosis)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 01:17:44 pm »
Hi Lance,
Sorry I have not had an implant but wondering if your eye is improving and you no longer need such a heavy weight?
How does one tell if their eye is getting better once you have the weight in? Didn't someone say something about hanging upside down and trying to close your eye and if you could it was time to take the weight out?
Anyway there are so many experienced people here that will chime in and help you. Good luck.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Maverell

• Acoustic Neuroma and Me
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 10:43:38 am »
I also had a gold weight. It helped for about a year but then it broke through the eyelid skin. I cut the stitched and took it out. I do not need it anymore - in fact I sold it as scrap gold !! As long as I stay in a humid atmosphere as I do in Thailand, I do not suffer from dry eye anymore. I appreciate not everyone can have it,  but humidty is the key to reducing the effects of dry eye.

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:43:34 am »
Lance~
I wonder too if you don't need the weight or if it is too heavy now...I would definitely see the eye doctor about it.  As for surgery again, I had my original weight put in 3 times because we just couldn't get the weight right.  We tried the external to get the right weight, but it just never worked right until it got in there and we could try the permanent.  I have no feeling in that eye, but the surgeries were no big deal and I am glad that I have the right one now!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!