Author Topic: Neurosurgeon Dr. Zadeh of TWH???  (Read 4225 times)

LizH

Neurosurgeon Dr. Zadeh of TWH???
« on: August 05, 2008, 09:56:19 am »
Anyone from Ontario, Canada know of Neurosurgeon Dr.Zadeh of Toronto Western Hospital? The surgeon for my surgery has been changed from Guha to Zadeh. Americans, don't go for universal health care. Yes, health care in America is expensive but not bad. My surgery date was changed 3 times, now the surgeon 's been changed to someone I had never heard of and this is 3 days before surgery I was told. I am very concerned now. Liz
53 years old now. AN size 4cm now
waiting for surgery date
FSR May 2001 when it was 2.9 cm
Dr. Laperriere
Princess Margaret Hospital
Toronto. Ontario. Canada

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Neurosurgeon Dr. Zadeh of TWH???
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 01:57:15 pm »
Liz:

You have a right to be concerned.  However, Dr. Zadeh seems qualified.  http://lib.bioinfo.pl/auth:Zadeh,G

I'm an American who has long been an opponent of 'universal' health care.  Your warning helps validate my fears about the drawbacks inherent in a health care system where the patient loses almost all control of their medical decisions but still pays (in taxes) as much as they did when they had private health insurance and could pick and choose their doctors, hospitals and so on.  No, thanks.

I appreciate your posting.  I hope and pray your upcoming surgery is fully successful and your recovery is both swift and complete.

Please give us the date so we can enter it on our AN Treatment Calendar'.  Thanks.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

LizH

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 03:11:13 pm »
Thanks a lot, Jim.
53 years old now. AN size 4cm now
waiting for surgery date
FSR May 2001 when it was 2.9 cm
Dr. Laperriere
Princess Margaret Hospital
Toronto. Ontario. Canada

calimama

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 07:55:35 pm »
For the record, there was good reason for the surgeon to be switched, even at the last minute. It is unfortunate for you and for the all the patients that this excellent surgeon won't be able to help while on leave.

Sorry and best wishes.
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.