Author Topic: Newly diagnosed  (Read 4726 times)

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Re: Newly diagnosed
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 07:45:44 am »
Sharon,

After reading your post and by your statement...."I am actually confusing myself more..." I feel it is the doctors difference of opinion regarding your tumor that is causing you confusion!  I'm sorry you are here with us, but at least you are surrounded by caring and understanding friends.  By staying with us and asking your questions I'm sure you will have the answers you seek. 

I had facial nerve symptoms before surgery that improved after surgery.  My symptoms were iintermittent pain, drooling on the side of the AN, biting my lip and tongue, difficulty with pain holding a smile, and eye twitching.  During the course of three years post surgery my facial symptoms returned, not all though and it wasn't until my surgeon performed a 2nd surgery that it was discovered my facial nerve is prolapsed, so this answers why I still have mild symptoms.  My speech is slower with some words more difficult to pronounce, but speaking slow helps my yoga class to relax.  I find too many people speak way too quickly for me to catch all they say and have to ask them to repeat themselves anyway!  Hope this helps and welcome to our club. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear