Author Topic: Having a YUCK day! Pity Party.  (Read 5343 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Having a YUCK day! Pity Party.
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:13:14 am »
Well. Went to get my hair done...highlights, cut, etc. and having to sit in the chair and look at myself in this HUGE mirror for 2 hours was about all that I could take. So depressing. Also my eyelid weight came off while the lady was washing my hair! UGH. Thankfully I found it. What a pain in the butt. Also it hurt like heck still to lay my head into the bowl for the wash. I am 15 months post op and still can't lay on that side and those hard bowls HURT. I thought the next time I went in I would take my blow up spa pillow that I use in the tub to cushion my neck and head. It's raining here today...no sunshine. I just feel BLLLLLLAAAAAHHHHH. At least my hair looks good. I'm tired today so my face is not moving good either.
Just a pity party and you are all invited if your day is going like mine.
Angie

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......I'm meditating for the rest of the day. (lol)

calimama

Re: Having a YUCK day! Pity Party.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:24:30 am »
Does meditation help? I have g-friend in LA wow is pushing me to meditate to get my face going. If only it were that simple?! Thoughts?? OOOmmmmm...OOOOOOmmmmm....OOOOOmmmmmm
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:47:38 pm »
ummmmmmmmmmmm....I don't know?!?! hmmmmmm. Maybe if I get the sound down just right it will. HA! ooooooommmmmmmmm.
I just know that it helps me to calm down when I get anxious and impatient. It also allows me to be still with nothing going on around me...no sound, no nothing and I will notice my face pulling and moving more probably because I am still enough to notice it. I am really thinking about getting acupuncture. I'm not a big believer in it although it can't hurt even if it gives a placebo effect then it's worth it.
Angie 

hannie

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 08:26:55 am »
I hope you're having a better day today, by coincidence yesterday was a rubbish one for me too. so OOOOOMmmmmmmmmmm!!

I dont know of AN patients having had acupuncture but my very cynical father (i think he called it 'new age mumbo jumbo' !!) had it for a bad back, and it worked wonders for him - it really helped him with the pain. you never know you may find it helpful?!

Hannie

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:27:05 am »
Keep your head up girl....As we dont know you personally....we do care for you.... ;D and dont want you to feel as if your alone....BIG HUGS!!!!!!
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 11:02:02 am »
THANKS GUYS! Now you're messages are testing my ability to tear! Yep....it tears. sniff.
Angie

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 03:09:10 pm »
Hi Angie,
Yep some days are better than others. I have been feeling a bit down because nothing new is happening with my face. Just a tiny bit of movement. {sigh} {sigh again} Come to my pity party Ang. There is always room.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 03:10:02 pm »
Angie did you figure out how to post photos yet? I am here to help.
Michelle
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

mrgarlic

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 05:56:42 pm »
Greetings Crookedsmile, I too have a crooked smile from AN surgery in 2004. I thought I might pass on my pastors message from Sunday. He held up a broken mirror and a good one. You may see yourself as broken and imperfect but God only sees you as perfect. I hope I am not straying out of bounds by telling you that but it is how I feel. All of your "real" friends continue to see you as perfect.      Larry
I am not the person I used to be,
 I am becoming the pereson I am.

AN surgery 2004- Trigeminal Neuroma  surgery scheduled    Nov 2oth 2008

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 12:09:38 pm »
Larry,
That is so sweet. I tell ya another person that sees us as perfect is a child. My 2 little boys never asked me why I looked different. It was like I'm just their mommy and no matter what I look like they either don't notice or just don't care. Unconditional love.
Angie

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 12:43:57 pm »
Angie,
I'm sorry you were feeling down but I don't blame you one bit.  Every so often a pity party is necessary.  Just keep them short and put them in perspective.  Good thoughts coming your way.
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Meagan

• Picture
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 03:46:35 pm »
I am having a pity party day too.....i am so very strong most of the time but it is so hard to be positive....i just want to have my big bright smile back.

ahhhh

Meagan
5 cms, Surgery Jan 3 2007

andrea in slc

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 04:06:43 pm »
Pity parties are totally allowed. I've already had a few, and no doubt I'll have more after surgery. Until then, I'm passing around a HUGE bowl of chocolate, milk, dark, whatever you prefer, to share with everyone. Hey, what's a party without the chocolate endorphines or whatever it is supposed to have?!   ;D  ;)

hannie

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2008, 09:00:20 am »
ooooh i'll have dark chocolate thank you andrea!!

hannie

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 12:57:17 pm »
CWood,
Thank you for thinking of me. No pity parties today. Although I did get my flu shot yesterday and my eyes are about swollen shut. Had allergic reaction. Looks like I had a rough night.....well then again, I did! Again, thanks for the sweet message and take care.
Angie