Author Topic: 6 month MRI after FSR  (Read 2236 times)

djameson

6 month MRI after FSR
« on: December 10, 2005, 08:21:13 am »
Hi folks!  I finished FSR at Johns Hopkins on June 7th and just got back to SC from the 6 month MRI and consultation with Dr. Rigamonti.  The 2cm tumor has not grown and is showing signs of necrosis!  I. of course, am very happy and will go back every 6 months for a total of 2 years and will have an Mri yearly after that.  My left AN ear has about the same hearing (approx. 65%) as before treatment and am optimistic that I can keep at least some of it.  I still have moderate tinnitis and I think it has gotten a little worse.  I had a little  balance problem before treatment but am having some increased dizziness and am wobbly at times.  Dr. R. prescribed a short course of steriods and said that I could expect the tumor to have the worst swelling between 6 and 9 months as it dies.  He seems to thinks that the increased symptoms will, hopefully, decrease after a few months.
Thanks to all of you for your wise counsel and advice.  It has sure helped to know what to expect and I have adopted the attitude of hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  That has worked so for.  Best to all.  David Jameson
FSR Johns Hopkins --June 2005 
 Dr. Riggamonti and Dr. Wharam
2cm Left Side

cterrell

Re: 6 month MRI after FSR
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 06:12:50 pm »
David,
I had FSR with Dr. Rigamonti at Johns Hopkins the end of April.  3 months after the treatment the dizziness and imbalance increased.  I went early for the 6 month MRI and Dr. R. said that the tumor was slightly larger, but he believed it to be due to swelling and inflamation.  Now, I am at the 8 month mark, and I am having sharp pains behind the ear (the sice of the AN) and also headaches.  I sent him an e-mail today.  I am discouraged because I feel worse now than before.  I also suffer with Meniere's disease and very loud tinnitus.

C. Terrell

djameson

Re: 6 month MRI after FSR
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 02:52:25 pm »
C. Terrell,
I am sorry you are having the problems.  I understand that everone seems to react differently and I hope that your symptoms get better after the 9 month window.  Did he put you on steriods?  I was told that helps with the swelling.  I guess that a lot of different things can happen to the nerves when they start getting more pressure on them.  Let's just hope and pray that it is temporary and will subside with the swelling.
David
FSR Johns Hopkins --June 2005 
 Dr. Riggamonti and Dr. Wharam
2cm Left Side