Author Topic: prayers are welcome!  (Read 4330 times)

Kaybo

Re: prayers are welcome!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 08:52:44 am »
"msMaggie"~
So glad to hear from you and that everything is somewhat OK - my FIL said the same thing about it being a time for all the neighbors to pull together when I apologized for us not being there to help!

Out the door to Bible class...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: prayers are welcome!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 02:47:51 pm »
Maggie:

I'm so glad you and yours are O.K.  I've lived through a few hurricanes but nothing like 'Ike' and the kind of devastation it caused Galveston. 

I'm glad you were able to benefit from your neighbor's generosity as well as reconnect a bit.  Unfortunately, our modern style of living and the attendant isolation it brings can be insidious.  We value our privacy but tend to lose our connection with others, especially neighbors.  I admit that I have only a tenuous relationship with most of my condo neighbors.  Although we're all friendly, we don't really engage each other beyond the superficial pleasantries we exchange from time to time.  No one plans this, it just seems to happen.  Unfortunately, a crisis often brings us together.  I regret you had to experience a hurricane to find this connection but, again, I'm pleased to learn that you weathered it in relatively good shape.  Prayers were definitely answered, here.  :)

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.