Author Topic: missed you guys this past week  (Read 8655 times)

Karla83401

Re: missed you guys this past week
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 08:07:46 am »
I am afraid of steroids because I sometimes have to take them when my asthma acts up and they make me really tense. I had to be on the week before my husband died because my asthma had gotten so bad and I am still haunted because I know that I am not myself when I am on them.

I love school, in fact I think that it has helped me cope with everything. It gives a time to focus on something related to a postive move into the future. When I stop and think about everything that I am facing I get really overwhelmed so I try to take it one "bite" at a time.

It would be wonderful if you went to school this fall and we could suffer through the hard times together. I also think that it is good for my children to see that even when you have been knocked off your feet by a loss that you can still take steps to the future.

I am headed to town today to get my nails done and buy something to wear to the pre-trial litigation on my husbands death. That hearing is on Monday and I feel like I need to take some steps to walk into it feeling as strong as possible.

I will check back later. Hope everyone has a super Friday,

Karla
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 09:23:12 am »
Deb did you go to school pre or post an?  I'm trying to decide if I can handle school right now...

I graduated 10 years ago--way pre-AN-- and married my favorite professor 2 years later!
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 10:16:10 pm »
Deb is that where you found Dr. Love?  Hmm when I went to college most of my professors where women or gay men  LOL  I need to go to your college....

Hope all goes well monday Karla.  Sending strength your way!

Karla83401

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 08:23:15 am »
Thanks Michelle,

I have a peace about Monday. I have done all that I can to be prepared and am doing what I feel to be right, now I am comfortable putting it in God's hands. My biggest hope is that perhaps I can change the mindset of at least one of the doctors that treated my husband to the point that they lose some of their arrogance and start listening to the patients and their families. They made my husband feel like a hypochondriac when in fact he was critically ill.

I am off to a psychology class this moring so I will simply wish you all a great day and I really want to try to make the telephone call next week.

Hugs and kisses,

Karla

diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 08:43:34 am »
Good luck on Monday Karla!  I'll be sending positive thoughts your way!   Would love to have you join our Friday night escapades!  We are usually on for an hour and a half or more, so make yourself comfortable, grab a cup or glass of your favorite beverage (mine is tea) and settle in with us wacky wenches! 

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 11:44:08 am »
It's amazing how fast that time flies by!

Karla you will be able to change some mind sets.  I know how tough it is with what you and your family wen through. I was led to believe I was a hypo too..turned out I was right and several doctors were wrong.  Peace about Monday tells me you in your heart you know you are right with what you are doing and God will be helping you get through it all just hang tough and stand up for your beliefs! 

I agree with the valuable lesson you are giving your kids.  I had to take my son to a class with me a few years ago at the local community college.  he was at that too old to for a babysitter but too young to be left alone in our neighborhood at the time.  I had such a fear of college growing up that I took me a long time to get enough courage to walk through the door.  Well, he wound up deciding he could handle college and even helped me learn power point and do a class presentation.  I think he wa about 12 or13 at the time.  He still talks about when he went to school with mom.  :)

Hope you're able to make the call too! 

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 01:05:36 pm »
Deb is that where you found Dr. Love?  Hmm when I went to college most of my professors where women or gay men  LOL  I need to go to your college....

That would be how I found my Dr. LLUUUUURRRRRVVE!
First classroom I walked into!  Couldn't quit lookin' at his butt!!!

Battyp

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2006, 04:33:37 pm »
Oh boy..what class did he teach?  I think i missed that class in my college eduction   ;D

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2006, 05:01:52 pm »
Oh boy..what class did he teach?  I think i missed that class in my college eduction   ;D

I had him for drawing the first semester and a summer painting class the next. He's an incredible artist!
Capt Deb

Battyp

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2006, 11:32:05 am »
Karla sending good vibes your way today with what your facing.  Hope things go ok.

M