Author Topic: Cindy gets the Magic Scarf  (Read 2108 times)

NL

Cindy gets the Magic Scarf
« on: November 07, 2008, 03:07:31 am »
Yesterday, Cindy (who is having a translab on Friday afternoon) received the travelling "Magic Scarf" from Mathilda, who is 3 weeks out from her middle fossa.

Cindy is the 7th person to receive the travelling scarf and journal. Though it's impossible for the scarf to reach everyone having treatment (some of us had a "virtual Magic Scarf"), this tradition started by Debbi is a wonderful symbol of the good thoughts and wishes that are sent by all to surround every forum member during their treatment.

Postie Mathilda passes the journal and scarf on to pre-postie Cindy, 11-5-08

Cindy came to LA from Atlanta with her support team (mom Sandra and husband Brad) and Mathilda from Holland with her husband Max.

Sandra, Brad, Cindy, Mathilda & Max, 11-5-08

Thanks, Debbi, for starting a tradition that reminds us of the great support we all have on the forum!

Cindy - feel those good vibes surrounding you tomorrow! Please thank your mom for being your scribe - we'll be looking for her updates - and looking forward to hearing from you on the other side.

Nancy
1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Cindy gets the Magic Scarf
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:11:52 am »
Beautiful pictures and beautiful words, Nancy.  Thanks.

And let me say that for 3 weeks post op Mathilde looks absolutely fabulous!  I don't think I looked anywhere near this good 3 weeks post op!

Best of luck, Cindy and a big thank you to your mom for being your scribe - you know how we all worry.

See you soon as a postie!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:36:21 am »
Nancy,

thank you! Yep, that our gorgeous Cindy!  5 mos ago, when I had the priviledge of meeting her during my trip to Atlanta, I knew she was still trying to figure out what was to happen re: her treatment. I am so thrilled that you all were able to give her personal huggles as she now steps into "postiehood". Thank you for being there for her.

And as for our Cindy.... thoughts, prayers and yes, the infamous huggles today...... this time tomorrow, a Postie you will be!  Hang in there!!!!!!!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 06:50:13 am »
Good thoughts come from my heart during your surgery and may you wake with joy in your heart.

May your recovery be a swift and successful one.

I look forward, as do all of us here, to your coming back and sharing with us your success story!

Blessings also to the family, your surgeons and nurses. 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

andrea in slc

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:42:27 pm »
What great pictures and how much fun to be able to meet others! I'm six days behind you, Cindy, on the surgery thing, so I['m sending huge amounts of good thoughts and prayers your way!

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 02:15:35 pm »
What great pictures, y'all! And what a great tradition--thanks, Debbi for starting it. Leopard RULES!!! (When I was at House I wore a leopard robe and slippers and got called "jungle girl " by the nursies.) The Magic Scarf must bring good luck judging from Mathildes great smile!!

Best of luck Cindy.  The PBW crew will be sailng off shore in LA Harbor with our best Pirate Sox on awaiting the good News of your surgery--we know them docs are reeeeeeeaaaallllly good at what they do!!!!!

Big hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008, 10:27:41 am »
The beauty of leopard is that it goes with everything - even hospital gowns and post surgical bonnets! 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Mathilda

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 12:04:00 pm »
It was a pleasure to hand the magic scarf and accompanying journal to Cindy. I consider it a privilege to be part of the magic "trail". A wonderful way to connect us all together, no matter where we're from!

Mathilda
Diagnosed in 2006. Recent growth from 7 to 11mm.
Middle fossa surgery at House Ear Clinic on October 16th 2008.
With the results I hoped for: hearing saved; no facial problems.
Just wobbly headed; in need of patience ;)