Author Topic: Indianapolis neurosurgeons  (Read 2046 times)

RosemaryL

Indianapolis neurosurgeons
« on: November 15, 2008, 02:57:39 pm »
I am seeking information on neurosurgeons (experienced with ANs) who practice in Indianapolis, Indiana.  Does anyone have first hand intel?

Thanks,
Rosemary
1.5 cm right side AN removed by retrosigmoid approach, 12/1/98
Laligam Sekhar and Sanjay Prasad, George Washington Univ Hosp
deaf on right side, facial feeling and function fully recovered

Tisha

Re: Indianapolis neurosurgeons
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 04:27:24 pm »
Hi Rosemary,

I live in Indy, also.  My Neurotologist doesn't have experience in AN's, but he told me that Jerry House does.  He was trained at House Ears Institute (name is coincidental) and has 29 years experience.  I didn't go to him for a 2nd opinion, because I knew I would be seeking treatment at one of the larger, more experienced facilitites out of state when the need arose.  HOpe that helps.

Tisha
1.7 x 1.0 x .9 cm (diagnosed Oct 2008)
1.8 x 1.2 x 1.1 cm  (July 2010-swelling)
1.5 x .9 x .9 cm  (Mar 2013 - 5 yr MRI)
Cyberknife at Stanford, week of 1/12/09 -  Drs. Chang and Soltys

AMD

• I'm sorry, could you repeat that?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 05:21:54 pm »
HI There, I live in Evansville and am having retro-sig surgery in Indy on monday the 17th.  Dr. Pritz (neurosurgeon) and Dr. Miyamoto (neurotologist) are my surgeons. I'm having mine done at Univ. Med. Center.  I also saw Dr. House and he seemed very good as well.  Both House and Miyamoto have had great training and both do about the same amout of AN surgeries, just at different hospitals. Dr. Miyamoto is a world-renowned ENT and is Head of ENT at IU. Dr. Pritz is Director of Skull based and cerebral-vascular surgery at IU.  Dr. Miyamoto also sits on various boards across the US and helps them develop AN progrmas at their facilities.  We have wonderful people right here in Indy!!!   Good luck to you!!

Amy D. :) 
Left side 1.7 cm AN diagnosed 7/30/08
Misdiagnosed for 8 + years
Surgery, Sub-occipital, 11/17/2008 at Indiana University Hospital
Left SSD
Tumor much larger than expected. Facial nerves intact, but had RARE swelling resulting in brachial plexus injury and tracheostomy after surgery.

Dog Lover

• My little Sammie Roo.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:10:15 pm »
If you decide to get a 2nd opinion, there is a world renowned surgern in Iowa (not so far from IN  ;)) Dr. Bruce Gantz at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Very experienced in ANs.

http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/otolaryngology/clinics/skullbase/index.html#Acoustic

They even have nurses who specialize in this area. http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/otolaryngology/ranking.html

Cathy
Cathy
9mm x 3mm Left Side AN
Mid Fossa Aug. 21, 2008
Dr. Gantz / Dr. Woodson
Univ. of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
No facial issues, hearing saved, I keep active and feel back to normal.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 09:20:43 pm »
Hi Rosemary -

Roger (Roger64) just had surgery @ St. Vincent's in Indianapolis with Drs. Payner & House on October 30th.

Here's a link to his after surgery report http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=7995.msg85664#msg85664

Hope this helps.  Good luck with your research,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

RosemaryL

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 09:41:13 pm »
Thanks for the information.  I'm almost 10 years past surgery and have moved 600 miles from where my surgery was performed.  I did followup with a neurosurgeon last year, but haven't yet figured out who is the best in this area.  I have heard of Dr Payner and Dr Pritz (just heard their names), but not Dr House.  Anyone know anything about Dr Shah?

Thanks,
Rosemary
1.5 cm right side AN removed by retrosigmoid approach, 12/1/98
Laligam Sekhar and Sanjay Prasad, George Washington Univ Hosp
deaf on right side, facial feeling and function fully recovered