Author Topic: Seasons greetings  (Read 2647 times)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Seasons greetings
« on: December 16, 2008, 04:07:49 pm »
Hi all,

Well, just thought I'd get in a little early and wish everyone a fantastic holiday season. The AN community is filled with a lot of different backgrounds so whether it's Christmas, Channuka, or other, whether you celebrate the new year on jan1 or another day, whether you are religeous or not, it's hard to not get caught up in the festive season.

i quite often reflect at this time of year and sometimes it takes its toll emotionally when i remember all the rotten things that have happenned not just to me but also to my cyber buddies (some of which i have had the priveledge and pleasure of meeting and speaking to). Then i pull myself together and look forward to positive news next year.

Got to be positive - amidst the terrible infliction that we and our loved ones have to deal with, thinking positive and looking forward to better times, laughing and looking on the brighter and silly side of things all help in our recovery.

From the land of Tim Tams, the best beer, loads of sunshine and Rolf Harris (Russel Crowe is a dork so I'm not including him here)
think positive and laugh a lot

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Seasons greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:09:50 pm »
Thank you Laz!  I hope you and your family and friends have a wonderful holiday season. 

Luv ya, mate!

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 10:01:31 pm »
Is Hugh Jackman a dork?  He was mighty fine in Australia  ;)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

lori67

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 10:30:17 pm »
Thank you Laz!

But let's not forget about some other famous folks from your part of the world - Rick Springfield and of course, the Wiggles!  Ok, maybe I'm trying to forget about the Wiggles, but it's hard with two little ones in the house!

Happy Everything to Everyone and may the new year bring good health to all of us!!!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 06:45:05 am »
Oh, m'dear Laz... right back atcha!  :-*  Wishing everyone a very happy, HEALTHY, properous, joyous (and safe!) holiday season!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 11:36:36 am »
Thanks, Laz:

Very thoughtful. 

To those who celebrate Christmas as a sacred, religious day, I send my wishes for a Merry Christmas and peace on earth.  To those who celebrate for any other reason, I wish you all a Happy Holiday. :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:55:00 pm »
Merry Christmas everyone! 

Yep, this is a GREAT end to a new year for me.....I just found out I'm going to be an Oma--again!  My daughter and son-in-law are expecting their second child.  I'm spending the weeks before Christmas helping her out as she's not feeling well, losing weight so I'm trying to "pitch" in while hubby is away for a few months. 

Remember how nauseous we all felt from time-to-time during our recoveries, well this is what she's feeling to the point of no relief with meds and she's under weight according to her height. 

On a side note:  I saw Tim Tams in a store here for the first time.  You guys talk about these and it peeked my curiousity, but when I saw the picture on the box I took a pass as I began to feel nauseous!!!   ;) 

I'm sure all of you Tim Tam lovers are wondering what's wrong with me, but sugary foods make my teeth hurt, if you can understand that!   :o

Have a wonderful Christmas and may the New Year bring all of you peace from wonky head, facial issues, dry eyes, and the blasted HEADACHES!!!!    :-*
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 04:11:34 pm »
Laz-

And, happy holidays to you, too - and special thanks for the mention of Rolf Harris.  I hadn't thought of him in ages, and remember how I love his songs!  I grew up with them (in Alaska, of all places - go figure...)

And, Merry Christmas, Happy Chanakah, Merry Kwanzaa, etc to everyone here!

Debbi . humming Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Season's Greetings
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 06:08:01 pm »
Laz,

I forgot to wish you the best of this "Most Wonderful Time Of The Year"  I am ready, shopping is ALL done, stocking stuffers and ALL.  I need to pick up the fresh fruit and veggies next week.  Looking forward to all that wrapping and all that cooking. 

Thinking of ALL of our young men and women overseas.  PEACE ON EARTH AND GOOD WILL TOWARDS MEN.

Wish anyone who is suffering........RELIEF. 

ENJOY EVERYONE,

Anne Marie 

« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 11:34:38 am by yardtick »
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

wendysig

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 07:41:38 pm »
Laz
Wiishing you and yours a wonderful holiday and a Happy and Healthy New Year!  I'll take this opportunity to wish all of my forum friends the very best for the holiday season.  May next year treat us all a lot better!

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Keeping Up

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2008, 08:15:30 pm »
Happy holidays everyone

It is getting wilder and wilder around this household with the bunches of little ones - they are ecstatic, even the baby has figured it all out.  Can't wait until we actually put some presents under the tree, then it just gets crazy.

Thanks for welcoming me and being patient with all my questions.

Ann
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'