Author Topic: EYELID WEIGHT DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!  (Read 2085 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

EYELID WEIGHT DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:13:13 am »
Welp,
My sweet, little adorable angel has done it AGAIN. I had laid my eyelid weight on the sink while I hopped in the tub for a quick rinse (as that is all you get when you have active little boys around) As I was getting out of the tub my little Tanner walked in and saw the weight.......grabbed it...........and as I was grabbing for him he.......yep.........dropped it down the drain........GOTTA LOVE 'EM. I was on the phone with Sid at MEDEV and was going to have one overnighted for $50 shipping and my husband came in and disassembled the plumbing and got to the peatrap and VOILA........there sat the tiny external weight. Nice and yucky. The last time Tanner got a hold of something valuable it was my wedding ring and that has yet to be found! Although I did find my diamond earrings in the trash! DENNIS THE MENACE!
Angie

jazzfunkanne

Re: EYELID WEIGHT DOWN THE DRAIN!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 09:15:46 am »
Thats kids esp boys lol
over 4.5cm AN removed dec 06

QRM

• Was an architect now stay at home dad
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 09:23:37 am »
Know the feeling went for a pee in the middle of the night and what would be sitting at the bottom of the pan looking up at me ? my blackberry
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:15:06 pm by QRM »
2.5 cm x 1.1 cm AN 30 Oct 08  Singapore Gleneagles Hosp.
Translab on  29 Jan 09 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of HEI
Surgery a success!! had wonky head for a while and odd tastes
Everyday things are improving and getting back to normal.

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 09:32:06 am »
OH MY!!
Glad you got it back!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 02:22:41 pm »
Oh, Angie - that's funny!  Well, probaby not too funny at the time, but funny now.  At least you got it back! 

Hey, I am not wearing my weight daily now, and find that I have a surplus of adhesive strips.  Would you like me to mail some to you?  I can take them out of the plastic container and just put them in an envelope.  If so, just PM me with your address and I'll mail them to you.

Back in the early days, Cheryl mailed me a bunch of adhesive eye patches - it was so nice of her and I have been looking for a way to "pay it forward..."

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 05:11:36 pm »
Angie:

Sorry you had the experience but it sounds painfully familiar.  Only it was me, not my child that lost something valuable down the drain. 

A few years back, my wife had her diamond earrings (a gift from me) soaking in cleaning solution in a small bowl on the bathroom sink.  I was still half-awake that morning and, thinking she had simply forgotten to take the bowl away, I casually tossed out the liquid, never noticing the tiny diamond earrings that were also in there.  A few hours later she asked me - in a tone that I knew meant 'this can't be good' - if I had seen her earrings that she had soaking in that small white bowl that was sitting on the bathroom sink (I had already washed the bowl and put it away).  Oh-oh.  I responded with all the incredulity I could muster: "Earrings?  In a white bowl?  What earrings?   She replied, with some anxiety in her voice: "My diamond earrings.  I was soaking them in a cleaning solution.  Did you put them somewhere?  Knowing the jig was up, I admitted that I had thrown the solution out and never noticed the earrings.  In my defense I bleated: "Well, they were small!"  My sainted wife, who is not materialistic or prone to obsessing about her appearance (although she looks fine to me), was clearly annoyed but resigned.  After all, it was a mistake.  I didn't throw them away on purpose.  Heck, I bought them for her!  The story had a happy ending.  We never found the earrings but we made a claim on our homeowners insurance and received almost the full value of the earrings (quite a few hundred dollars).  They were promptly replaced.  Needless to say, from that point on, I never, ever touched any small bowls sitting on sinks - or anywhere else.  Fortunately, my wife is the forgiving type and this is only occasionally brought up as a humorous story.  Well, that's what she says:D

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:08:52 pm »
Jim, that's a funny story!  Probably funnier now that some time has elapsed...

Angie, I put an envelope in the mail to you today with a bunch of adhesive strips. And, a hug! I still have some here (hugs and adhesive strips,) but only wear my weight now for "special occasions" since the adhesive irritates my eye after about a day.  Also, if I really concentrate, I can blink my eye and almost close it (not quite, but close enough).  Still use the Celluvisc during the day and it is thick enough to last an hour or two between drops - the punctal plug has helped SO much!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:33:52 pm »
Thank you Debbi as I need both! Hugs and Adhesives. Sounds like a good marketing tool. Be careful not to try too hard to blink your eye as I was told this could cause or worsen sykinesis if you are using your cheek to help close the eye. My therapist said to keep wearing the weight if I find myself doing this.
Angie

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2008, 06:58:14 pm »
well good news is after a while that weight may not be needed at all.

we taped my eye lid down for a few weeks with paper type tape, then used adhesive eye patches (where large is really small) and then went to eye patches..........

i put Jack Sparrow stickers on them..........

and then a mask, and now about 10 months later nothing...........i'm just at 1 year and only when i am really nervous and eye twitches a bit do i need a patch................
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here