Author Topic: Just a quick Shout Out.  (Read 1232 times)

robynabc

Just a quick Shout Out.
« on: January 11, 2009, 12:44:33 am »
Hi,

I have been MIA lately and just wanted to say hi to everyone.  Hope everyone is well.  I have thought of you all while I have been gone.

Eric is doing fairly well.  Still has the coughing.  I wanted to get him into some physical therapy but our insurance situation has changed. We will have to wait until March.    But he is a little better with it.  He is flying on spring break and we are both a little worried that he could have some effects from it.  I won't be with him. 

But anyway,  I am sorry I was gone so long and I just want you all to know I still think about you guys.  The best people around.

Peace,

Robyn

18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Just a quick Shout Out.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 06:36:13 am »
Robyn,

It's good to hear from you again!  Sorry Eric still has the cough, I hope that someone finds the reason for it soon.  Sinus meds helped me on my second flight and gum.  First flight I used gum only and wow, I won't go into it.  (I didn't make the entire trip)  Maybe some others will have tips for a successful flight.  I know others who have had no problems at all.  Good luck and best wishes for a great New Year.
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 01:23:47 pm »
Hi, Robyn:

Thanks for the shout-out and the encouraging news about Eric.   I think it's safe to say that we're all doing pretty well.  There have been improvements for some folks and some successful surgeries, lately. 

Drop by again, soon....you've been missed.

Peace to you, too.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jerseygirl

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2009, 06:04:16 pm »
Hi, Robyn,

I am glad that Eric is doing well and, hopefully, enjoying his life. As far as flying and coughing is concerned, there might not be a connection at all, so do not worry. I had non-stop coughing after surgery and had to fly back from California for 6 hours. I was in no more discomfort from flying than sitting on my sofa. I did not even drink any water for fear of going to the restroom and ending up on a few passenger laps on a way! My husband, however, had an awful time. He has a bad back and a sinus problem. Talk about discomfort! He was uncomfortable in his chair and his ears hurt. So, Eric should be fine! Hope all goes well. Just make sure he drinks water to avoid dehydration and be ready with cough drops just in case. Let us know!

Evel
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

robynabc

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 05:48:40 am »
Hi,

Thanks so much for the wonderful replies.  You guys are the best.

Is there anything you think I should give to Eric to make a flight easier.  JerseyGirl did your nerve regenerate and did your coughing issue get better?

Robyn
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.