Author Topic: ck swelling and over the counter meds  (Read 1396 times)

sher

ck swelling and over the counter meds
« on: January 05, 2009, 02:49:33 pm »
Hi everyone!!!
Happy New Year!  I was wondering if anyone out there in AN land has used other, besides ibuprophen, anti-inflammatory over the counter meds, such as Naproxen, Excedrin, Tylenol etc. and how did they work for you?
Thanks in advance,
Sher
1.2cm x 0.6 cm extracanicular component (7 mm) 05/08/08
MRI in AUG 08  showed 30 % growth
Having CK 9/30, 10/1 and 10/2/08
1/12/08 MRI shows swelling

mk

Re: ck swelling and over the counter meds
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 07:18:46 pm »
I took quite a bit of ibuprophe. I am also taking a natural anti-inflammatory, curcumine. Tumbleweed has mentioned about this in some older posts. I took both ibuprophen and curcumine for preventative reasons, after my GK. Up to now I haven't had any swelling, but of course there is no way to tell if the meds helped in any way.

Marianna
GK on April 23rd 2008 for 2.9 cm AN at Toronto Western Hospital. Subsequent MRIs showed darkening initially, then growth. Retrosigmoid surgery on April 26th, 2011 with Drs. Akagami and Westerberg at Vancouver General Hospital. Graduallly lost hearing after GK and now SSD but no other issues.

sgerrard

Re: ck swelling and over the counter meds
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:20:56 am »
I have used Alleve, which is naproxen. It seemed quite effective to me, and I like that it lasts a long time. I am wary of using it a lot, though, I think there are possible issues with regular use. I sort of save it for special occasions that need the heavy ammo. I never got much out of Tylenol or Excedrin, and I think they bother my stomach more.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.