Author Topic: Happy New Year  (Read 1533 times)

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
Happy New Year
« on: January 03, 2009, 07:02:06 am »
Happy and Healthy New 2009 to ALL of You!

I just would like to drop a line and greet all of you, whose help and support was really immense!! Thank you for this great forum!!!

For the new year I wish less members who are going through this hell and people who search for the help of this forum.

May it be healthier, more prosperous and peaceful!!!

Happy 2009!!!!

Hrissy

4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Happy New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 10:31:00 am »
Happy New Year to you too, Hrissy.

I hope that your AN problems went out with 2008, and that 2009 will be a fantastic year for you - without more surgeries, etc.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 11:12:14 am »
Hey Girl!
How are you doing???

Happy New Year to you too!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 03:34:04 pm »
Happy New Year Hrissy,

I hope 2009 brings you only good things!

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 04:46:45 pm »
Hrissy:

A Happy New Year to you, too.  Yes, I wish that someday this website wouldn't be necessary because acoustic neuromas were somehow eradicated.  Until then, we'll be here - and we're happy to have been a resource for you.  I join the others in hoping that 2009 will be a very good year, for you - and everyone.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 05:02:28 pm »
Happy New Year Hrissy, how are you doing?  Give us an update...
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 04:24:16 pm »
Thank you guys!

i am doing alright! Still have some eye problems but not that major as after my surgery. so i had my eye open again before Christmas (it was shut for a month and something) and now i just keep it greasy all the time. trying to save it and not sewing it again)

no improvements of the facial nerve, though! i wrote to my doctors in Hannover, Germany and they told me be just veeeeery patient throughout the whole new year! it will become better and better, but slooowly and unnoticeable (for me), I think!

Still not going to work; rather than that going to massages and staying at home most of the time because it is very very cold here and we have tons of snow! (i believe you have that too, at least in the Northern states ;))

I started going to lectures and from yesterday on i have had evening lectures, which at least fulfills some of my time - yeah I got admitted to an MBA program while i was in the hospital in Hannover. so on the top of everything - now solving maths problems!!Wish me luck!!

All the best to you!!

Hrissy

2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 05:09:01 pm »
Hi Hrissy!

It was so good to read your post and update - you got your eye back open!!  Wahoo!  And just in time for Christmas!  Just be very diligent about keeping it moist all the time, especially in the cold winter weather.

I know how hard it is to be patient with the face - I wanted so badly to be able to do something - anything! - to move it along.  However, it will take time and will come around when it is good and ready.  If you haven't gone to the Bells Palsy website yet, I encourage you to visit it.  There is one whole section on facial exercises and massage that can help, and lots of other good tips.  Here is the webiste if you don't have it:

http://www.bellspalsy.ws/

If it helps, I didn't get much movement back until a little past 6 months - but as you probably know, everyone is different.

Hey, congratulations on being accepted to the MBA program - at least you are making productive use of your healing time!

warm hugs,
Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

hruss

• young and cheerful!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2009, 05:34:06 pm »
thank you for the bell's palsy site, Debbi!!!

x

LADavid

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 08:23:01 pm »
Chestita nova godina, Hrissy.  It's good to hear from you and that things are getting better.  May they continue.  And of course, good luck with the math.

Best wishes.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments