Author Topic: Recovery time following Linac, GK or CK  (Read 5483 times)

NE Farmwife

Re: Recovery time following Linac, GK or CK
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 09:35:03 am »
I had my CK treatments on January 14, 15 and 16 at Stanford.  I really can't tell that I had anything done and I went back to work the following Tuesday (Monday was MLK day so I didn't have to work).  I am not any more tired than I would be on any other normal work day.  I only work part time (4 hours a day) so maybe that is a factor but I have't gone home and been exhausted either. I painted my bedroom the week before we left and I painted the bathroom last week (the week after we got back).  I didn't have headaches or balance problems before CK and I haven't had any problems with that since then either. I really don't feel any different.  If I hadn't been told that I had an AN, I wouldn't know that I had one.  My biggest problem is that my face is numb, I lack taste on the AN side and since my diagnosis, I have tinnitus.  Dr. Chang told me that whatever symptoms I had going in to CK, wiould probably be permanent and if there is inflammation on down the line, it would probably be those same symptoms that I currently have that would increase in intensity. 
Diagnosed 11/11/2008   2.2 cm
CK at Stanford 01/12/2008
Facial numbness, hearing loss, lack of taste and tinnitis

carter

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 11:22:32 am »
i had reported only some tiredness during and after the ck.  i am now 2 weeks after the treatments.  i missed two partial days during treatment and took the day after just to rest.  now i have some days that i feel very good - about 2/3 of time.  the other 1/3 - i do get tired.  my wife has given me a lot of couch time!  i work on average 10 hours per day and have raveled to teh west coast for business for 3 days after CK.

i had some headaches going in - the frequency is down.  in th epast 3 months before - 1 bad one ....   but i did have one really bad one after ck.  one day only - thank goodness. 

i had a little balance issue going in and it is about the same.

hearing and ringing - no discernable difference.

when i went to west coast, i took wife along to help in case that i did not feel well ---- this was not needed, infact we went sight seeing in the evenings.

all in all - i can only point to the tiredness as an issue --- but this is not enough to affect work - just waht i do in the evenings.

carter

Diagnosed in fall of 2008 with 1.6 * 2.9cm AN on left side. 

Scheduled CK at Oklahoma Cyber Knife in December, 2008 and decided not to proceede on 2nd date that CK was scheduled.  I fired them.

CK performed at St John's Hospital (Tulsa)Jan 2009

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 01:51:29 pm »
Larry, so happy you've made your decision.  If I had a choice, I'd probably choose fractionated now.  There was only the GK machine here when I had my AN nuked, so that's what I went with.  Actually, I think because I didn't sleep much for that first week is what bothered me the most.  The steroids kept me awake so I was pretty miserable.  It took me 3 weeks to feel "normal". 

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode