Author Topic: Stressing  (Read 3311 times)

Cathyb

Stressing
« on: February 05, 2006, 05:51:43 pm »
I have recentlly started having problems with my balance and with one side of my face either going numb or have a tingling sensation.  I have taken several bad falls within the last 2 weeks and just seem to be off balance most of the time.  I have several autoimmune disorders and see a Rhemy almost weekly.  I attributed the symptoms to either my Lupus or to my diabetes.  When I saw my Rhemy last week he sent me to an ENT who checked my ears and there was nothing that he could find.  He did note that my gait was off and that I was indeed having problems just walking down the hall.  He decided to order an audio test that day.  They sent me back to the doc with a copy of my test and he said that based on the results I could have an acoustic neuroma.  The hearing in my right ear is greatly diminished from that of my left and I have absent reflexes in my right ear.  Everything else appeared normal.  He scheduled me for an MRI first thing tomorrow morning and now I am stressed out.  Is there any way to tell just from the Audio test that this is even a possiblity?  An help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: Stressing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 06:35:32 pm »
Cathyb,

You can't tel if you have an AN from the audio test because there can be other resons for diminished hearing. You will need to wait for your MRI test results.

Wishing you well tomorrow.

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

SKT

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 07:23:51 am »
I agree with Larry - an audio test can't conclude anything other than that your hearing is down, which can be caused by many things, only one of them being an AN.

I wish you the very best of luck - let us know how you go.

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 11:11:25 am »
Good luck with your MRI. Your symptoms sound alot like mine and they came on pretty quick. Hope you get some answers quickly.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

minnkris

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 11:16:01 am »
My symptoms came on very quickly also (similar to yours) and although I think the emergency room doctor and the ENT doctor were suspicious of  an AN, it wasn't confirmed until after the MRI.
8mm x 6mm AN left side
GK August, 2005

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2006, 02:01:29 pm »
sending warm hugs and wishes and keeping fingers crossed that the MRI will be negative....
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Raydean

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 05:12:55 pm »
 Since patience has never been one of my best features. You might want to ask if it's possible to have a copy made of your MRI (usually adds 45 minutes to the appointment.) We would then hand take the copy of the MRI to our doctor for his  opinion. We were able to shorten the waiting time for "the news".  Maybe this would work for you, call and see if you can get  a copy and appointment  with your ENT.

You  will be in my thoughts.  Good Luck and Best wishes
Raydean

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Cathyb

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 06:41:00 pm »
Thanks Raydeen,

I did ask for a copy of the MRI and they are giving me a copy of it tomorrow and I am trying to get in with the ENT tomorrow.

Thanks again.

lmurray69

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 09:59:29 pm »
[
Thanks
Sorry to hear that you are so stressed But we all understand what you are going threw. Yes it couldbe that you have amri in the am..I have had several MRI's closs your eyes and take small breaths.Listen to the music and before you know it your threw...God Bless you and keep you at peace...praying for you
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 10:12:02 pm »
Hi Cathy,

Hoping the appt went well and the MRI was negative... will wait for updates and hoping you are hanging in there ok. :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"