Author Topic: Jen out of surgery - part II  (Read 1223 times)

Jwh

Jen out of surgery - part II
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:51:01 am »
This is Michael again.  Wanted to provide an update on Jen.  She is doing great.  She has been up walking around and eating - she even wants to go shopping in NYC. :-)  Her progress has been fantastic this time and she has had very few side effects from the surgery - only soreness in her throat from the breathing tube and some neck pain, both expected.  The best news is that Jen can be released today if she so chooses and my guess is that she will be coming home; something we have both been looking forward to for a long time.  I want to thank all of you for your kind words and concern.  Jen is very grateful and appreciative for your thoughts and prayers.  Once she is home, she is looking forward to updating all of you.  God Bless !
5/01  1.3 AN removed at NYU using Retrosig. Approach
2/07  Rediagnosed with Regrowth 8 mm (wait & watch mode)
1/09  1.4 AN removed at NYU using Translab (total tumor removal)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: Jen out of surgery - part II
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:01:10 am »
AMAZING!  Released already?  That's great!  It's good to hear that she's doing extremely well!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:07:13 am »
Thanks for the fabulous update.  What great news. Note to husband:  never let a girl loose on the streets of NYC with credit cards and pain meds.   :D
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:52:21 am »
You better heed Marci's advice BUT I think considering what she has just been thru, it might be OK this time!   ;)  Safe journey home!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 12:58:55 pm »
Michael,

What great news!  The second time around definitely seems like it was the charm for Jen -- I think a shopping trip might be just what the doctor ordered!! ;D ;D  Seriously though, I'm so glad to hear she is doing so well.  I know you must both be very relieved.  I lookforward to seeing what she has to say when she's up to posting.

Wishing Jen continued good healing,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 01:11:07 pm »
Michael:

Thanks for the latest incredible update!  Up, walking, eating and ready to leave...fantastic!  Please give Jen our best and be sure she doesn't overdo and have a 'relapse'.  Happy shopping!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.