Author Topic: Numb fingers? Visual Migraines  (Read 10649 times)

Keeping Up

Re: Numb fingers? Visual Migraines
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 05:23:16 pm »
A revived thread - now four months since I first notices the numbness, it is still here - but it causes me absolutely no pain.  I think it is better since I got a headset at work.  I don't have the issue with listening to the call and taking a message anymore.  Talking on the phone (or sitting on conference calls) is much much easier now especially since I use my non-AN ear for all calls now.

Perhaps I am being silly, but I just don't want to bother my ENT or my GP - without the need for any pain meds, it seems a waste of time.  I might regret that decision later but the idea of sitting in a waiting room for a long time, only for them to tell me it is nothing just lacks appeal.  [I am very certain this sucker isn't pressing against the brainstem ... or if it is, I have much bigger issues than an AN, it just can't grow that much, I hope.]

I am pretty happy with my self-diagnosis (assisted by many comments here) on some sort of ulnar/carpal issue. 

Migraines with auras ... is a bit of misnomer I think - I have these horseshoe shapes, typically only on the AN side (but these shouldn't be AN related).  It is annoying as it typically happens at work (never at home)- makes reading computer screens, or any form of print, very difficult.  I do get a bit of a heavy head about 30-60minutes later - but nothing truly migraine like.  I have them several times a month - but have only taking advil/moitrin once or twice, just no real pain involved, most of the time..
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

nancyann

• carpe diem
Re: Numb fingers? Visual Migraines
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 06:12:45 pm »
Hi Keeping Up:  I had the same problem bilaterally, & it was my ulna nerve being compressed - I ended up losing muscle in my hand & had difficulty playing the piano, that's when I went to the dr., had surgery to fix it & all is well,  I still have to be careful not to lean on my elbows !
Maybe you should check with your dr., it may (or not) be the same thing.   

I had the surgery 1 year before my AN was diagnosed.

Always good thoughts,  Nancy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:14:22 pm by nancyann »
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis