Author Topic: iMRI (real time MRI)  (Read 2415 times)

jeemje

iMRI (real time MRI)
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:27:30 am »
Hi  I’m new here, I’m from Indonesia.
 I had surgery on July 2006 in Indonesia, the AN was 3cm x 4.5cm size. Unfortunately the AN was not totally removed it left about 2.5cm x 3.3cm , and the doctor didn’t expect this either. Right after surgery he said that the AN 94% removed but a week after surgery  the MRI showed that AN was smaller not totally removed.

I have been depressing for 2 years imaging the second surgery and feeling so devastated  struggling with my facial paralysis. But now I’m trying to deal with it, I’m planning for second surgery but  still searching for the right doctor and the right hospital that I can afford to.

At Singapore General Hospital, they said that the surgery will be facilitated by iMRI, so the surgery will be monitored by real time MRI machine, it will prevent the tumor left by accident just like what I had before on my first surgery.

Does anyone know or has experience w/ the iMRI I would be greatful if you want to share w/ me.
Sorry for my poor English.

Jeemje

left side AN 4+cm, 2nd surgery 18/08/09,left hear lost, facial paralysis and numbness

jtd71465

Re: iMRI (real time MRI)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 09:56:08 am »
First time I've heard of this but after doing a quick search I found the following:

http://www.medtronicnavigation.com/procedures/intraoperative/polestar.jsp

Joe-
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 10:10:17 am »
Very interesting Joe....best of luck to you Jeemje.
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

jeemje

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 09:32:00 pm »
thanks for your attention and info

jeemje
left side AN 4+cm, 2nd surgery 18/08/09,left hear lost, facial paralysis and numbness