Author Topic: Surgery scheduled!  (Read 2417 times)

kzanana

Re: Surgery scheduled!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 06:11:34 pm »
Ernie:
   My balance nerve was also removed 11/25/08 along with my AN. I will pray that what hearing you have left  will be saved, mine couldn't be.
It's been almost 3 months and I still have many problems with my balance and constant dizzy feeling in my head. When I walk or even talk it feels like my head is vibrating from inside out. Weird feeling. I haven't been in the forum for a while and reading today I think I'm about average in time as far as recovery time. I have driven 3 times, short distance only. I cannot stand straight up without wobbling and if I got stopped , I would surley look drunk. I tell friends I feel like I have a hangover without the fun of having those few Marguaritas. After about 9 weeks my head pain eased and now my right side just feels tight, unless I have to sneeze or cough then I just want to cry it hurts so bad.Touching the right side of my head still causes pain, even my hair hurts, but my doc said 3-6 months , minimum time before I would start to even see the light at the end of the tunnel.
   I hear people say push through the pain, but  only you will know what you can do and when you can do it. You will have major head pain for many weeks. My doc also said I would wake up from surgery and feel like I had been slammed in the head with a 2x4 and he was right on. I say it felt like I had been hit with an ax and it was still imbedded in my head. 12 weeks later, I am glad to have the tumor gone befor it damaged any facial nerves. My balance will come back in time with work and I can live with only hearing in one ear. I am alive and for that I am Thankful.  Good Luck with your surgery.