Author Topic: Shiva's Mom - Update  (Read 1843 times)

Shiva

Shiva's Mom - Update
« on: February 09, 2009, 10:08:41 am »
Hello friends,

Hope everybody is doing fine.  My wish for this year is everybody suffering from AN to recover completely.  I pray god everyday to make this happen.
Here is an Update on my mom..  She had a Gamma Knife surgery in India last year sometime in June, and 2 days back she took another followup MRI and the doctors have said that her AN is shrinked (less than 1cm), no growth and she is doing absolutely fantastic.  Honestly, this forum helped me a lot to take a right option for my mom at the short time.  Iam always thankful to all of you folks.  She is in India enjoying her garden, cooking and outing.  Hopefully she might comein this summer to see her 2nd grand child.  Yeah.. I had my 2nd boy last thanksgiving day so keeping me busy...back to the world of diapers :-).  My elder son name is "Mithran" and the new one is "Pavithran".  So, this is the current update abt my mom & me and will keep posted.  Keep in touch.

Good Luck Folks,
Shiva
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 01:25:05 pm by Shiva »
For my mom Aged 65 (31-Jan-1943)
First MRI 02-Apr-2008, 16mm AP x 22mm ML x 16mm CC (about 2.2cm), Left ear deafness
LINAC (XKnife) - 04-Jun-2008, Apollo Speciality Hospital Chennai, India with Dr.L.Murugan (Neurosurgeon) & Dr.Ratnadevi (Radiologist).

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Shiva's Mom - Update
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:14:03 am »
Shiva -

it's always a pleasure to hear from you.

It warms my heart to hear that your mom is doing "absolutely fantastic"  ;D  Please give her my best.

Congratulations on the birth of your second son.  In my opinion, there's nothing in the world as wonderful as a new baby!

Jan 

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 10:30:17 am »
Hi Shiva,

Great to see you.. and congratulations on the new baby! :)  Thrilled to hear mom is doing well and truly enjoying life! She sounds like she is doing terrific.. and you are up to your elbows in diapers again, huh? :)

FYI... I had to remove your hotmail email address from your post as we're not allowed to publically note our contact info here (ANA site rules), but maybe you try this... people can email you here (send a "PM"). On your profile, you can choose to be alerted to your hotmail if you get a PM here (receive an email notification). If you check ok on that, this site will send your hotmail acct an email saying you got an email here.. and you can share your hotmail info behind the scenes. Thanks for understanding....

Continued wellness wishes to mom... and hang in there, "Mom" :) You certainly have your hands full!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:01:04 pm »
Shiva~
Great to hear from you and even better that your mother is doing so well!  Sounds like you have had your hands full with a new little one - CONGRATULATIONS!! 

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

lori67

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 01:01:56 pm »
What great news about your mom!  Thanks for updating us.  

And congratulations to you!  Two little boys should keep you quite busy!  I hope that your mom is able to come visit - that is if she's not having too much fun gardening and cooking!  Sounds good to me!  Maybe I should go visit her!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 01:38:47 pm »
Hi, Shiva:

Thanks for the thoughtful update on your mom.  I'm always pleased when I learn about another AN 'success story'.  Please let her know that a lot of folks are sending her our good wishes.  We're elated at her good recovery and the positive results from the CK treatment. 

Congratulations on the birth of your second son, Pavithran.  I'm sure you and your wife are very proud.  Don't worry, the 'diaper days' will pass.  Then the real work begins!  :)

Jim

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:46:23 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

fbarbera

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 02:53:45 pm »
Thank you for the wonderful update!  Best wishes for your mom's continued health and well-being.  Kind regards, Francesco

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 03:14:02 pm »
Hi Shiva,

It is good to hear from you and  I'm glad to hear your mom is doing so well.  Congratulations on the birth of your son, I'm sure the two of them are keeping you very busy.  I hope you mom is up to visiting you and meeting her new grandson this summer.  Keep in touch, we always enjoy hearing good news!

Best wishes to you and your family,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Shiva

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 03:41:34 pm »
Hi, Shiva:

Thanks for the thoughtful update on your mom.  I'm always pleased when I learn about another AN 'success story'.  Please let her know that a lot of folks are sending her our good wishes.  We're elated at her good recovery and the positive results from the CK treatment. 

Congratulations on the birth of your second son, Pavithran.  I'm sure you and your WIFE are very proud.  Don't worry, the 'diaper days' will pass.  Then the real work begins!  :)

Jim

Hey Jim & Others, thanks for all your thougths and wishes.  FYI,  Many in this forum think Im a girl.  Shiva, Siva.. In India this name means "Lord Shiva" (Male). Iam a Male. My wife is kavi.   :D
First MRI 02-Apr-2008, 16mm AP x 22mm ML x 16mm CC (about 2.2cm), Left ear deafness
LINAC (XKnife) - 04-Jun-2008, Apollo Speciality Hospital Chennai, India with Dr.L.Murugan (Neurosurgeon) & Dr.Ratnadevi (Radiologist).

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 04:45:51 pm »
Shiva:

Whoops.  Sorry about the gender reversal. :-[  I've corrected my previous post.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

sgerrard

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 09:19:29 pm »
Shiva,

What double great excellent news! Mom's doing absolutely fabulous, and you have a new son!

I'm glad to hear the GK in India worked out so well. Have a great year with Kavi, Mithran and Pavithran.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 09:32:30 pm »
Shiva -

I have to admit, I thought you were female also.  I guess I just figured Shiva was a female name - shows how much I know  :D

Thanks for the clarification!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 06:58:28 am »
well, Shiva, don't I feel total "stoopid" about now!  :o  :-[

Congrats to you, your mom, Kavi and the new son! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Shiva

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 04:12:39 pm »
Shiva,

What double great excellent news! Mom's doing absolutely fabulous, and you have a new son!

I'm glad to hear the GK in India worked out so well. Have a great year with Kavi, Mithran and Pavithran.

Steve

Thanks a ton steve and good luck with you.  Once again thanks everybody for your wishes & thoughts.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 04:15:16 pm by Shiva »