Author Topic: Instant message....MSN? need info!!!  (Read 2692 times)

Danny2006

Instant message....MSN? need info!!!
« on: April 11, 2006, 12:14:33 pm »
Hello

I have an AN about 1cm and need imput as for what to expect.... I would especially like to hear from people with about the same size AN. my msn email is dannyhomeintn@hotmail.com i would like to chat through msn instant messanger if someone wants to do so. i will try to be on line as much as possiable. if there is a way to im through this site please let me know.I just returned from Iraq and it's been a tough couple years for me and this is up there with the toughest parts....please reply if you have time.
Thanks danny
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

matti

Re: Instant message....MSN? need info!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 01:04:14 pm »
Hi Danny - You will find a wealth of info here.  I am sorry for all that you have been through these past few years. I can't imagine. Sending my thoughts. prayers and never ending gratitude....You are awesome Danny!

matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 01:23:57 pm »
Danny to my knowledge there is no instant messanger through this site.  I personally have yahoo and aim but no msn.  My An was 2.8CM too which is a bit larger than yours.  I'd be more than happy to IM with you if you want to set up and Aim account it's free to do so. 

If you want to chat by phone I'll do that too just let me know. 
Have you requested the brochures from the ana site?  They are very helpful.
You have a lot of options for treatment with a 1CM AN.  radiosurgery or microsurgery.

I know this is hard and what you've been through has been hard too!  Hang in there this too shall pass!  (my mom's favorite saying)  Of course I always doubt whether my sanity will still be intact! ;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 02:43:25 pm »
Hi Danny and welcome... and yes, batty has no sanity left! ;)

*looks over shoulder for flying hand from batty!*  :D

My AN, same size... had my treated via radio-surgery just last week. (Cyberknife).  There is a great deal of info on this site if you have time to read, especially in the "PreTreatment" forum, but I am also happy to PM here on the site if you want.  There is a wealth of info here from surgical to radio-treatments. All in all, it's based on individual situations, individuals growths (ie: locations of growth, etc).  So many different perspectives on one rare form of growth. But, all in all, please know this... benign!  Key word! :)  You are going to be fine and we are certainly here to help you out, just as many have helped me... oh, boy, have they helped me!  Still humbled after all the support from last week (and prior and even now...)

Hang tough.
Phyllis
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nita

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2006, 07:47:23 pm »
hello,

i had an AN of 1.3cm; had it surgically removed sept 2003 in los angeles at the house clinic by drs. brackmann and schwartz.  i was a 'poster child' (even though i was age 58 at the time!) surgery went very well.  a hometown (portland oregon) neurosurgeon recommended dr. brackmann.  i'm convinced he's the best of the best; his assistant told me he's done over 5000 AN surgeries and has trained many other neurosurgeons in procedures that he and his house clinic colleagues have developed.  in my opinion this is a big deal and there's no sense in going with anyone but the best.

i chose surgery over radiotherapy because of insurance considerations and because i didn't want long term insomnia worrying about it -- i just wanted to get the problem resolved.

my post-surgery effects include 1) dizziness:  mild to moderate depending on how tired i am,  2) fatigue:  yes i'm old, but i think the AN did exacerbate.  i'm retired (not because of the AN), fit, have exercised regularly both pre-and post-surgery, but believe i'm 30 percent more tired than before  3)  tinnitus, roaring, and therefore distortion of hearing  4) discouragement over the above symptoms.  the hardest thing about this is the permanence of it all -- you like to think things will resolve, but i'm coming to realize that these will not, and some days i get sad.  part of the task of this diagnosis, and i guess of life itself, is to work hard at finding the pleasurable things in life.  some days it's harder than others.  5) astonishment at being alive.  consider the alternative, etc.  i'm anti-religious but know that i had blind good luck in finding the best treatment, having insurance, having a fabulously supportive spouse and family.

i wish you the best.  your life will change, but it will certainly be livable and enjoyable, and you will probably appreciate it more as a result of this turn of bad luck. 

Robquinn9

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 07:02:20 am »
Danny,

Not a patient but a spouse of one.  Anything I can do or be vented to, let me know: robquinn9@hotmail.com for IM.

Rob
Wife had 2.8 x 2.5 Rt Side AN removed by Dr. House, Dr. Payner @ St. Vincents in Indy on 3/13/2006.