Author Topic: Noise intensify and some headache  (Read 1409 times)

bpham

Noise intensify and some headache
« on: March 29, 2009, 10:25:52 am »
Hi,

I've had the surgery on Oct 2007.  My left ear is totally deaf (translab).  After the surgery about 6 months, I was feeling normal again.  However, in the last 2 weeks, I believe that I've started to have some allergy and I took some Allegra, which seems to reduce the allergy, however, my left side (surgical side) area, especially the surgical area is a a little bit sore and a little pain when I press my fingers on the area.  Also, I have some headache around my eyes and forehead.  The most bothersome aspect of this is when I sleep on my back with the back of the head on the pillow, then there seems to be some pressure around the area, which is reminiscent of the feeling of pre-surgery.  Also, the left side feel like it is hollow inside and not stuffed like before 2 weeks ago.  This has scared me a little bit.  Taking tylenol seems to fix it for half a day, but is comes back if I exercise or drive.  The left side seems to be also sensitive to loud noise than before.

Any one has this issues before?  Is this due to sinus issues (sinus headache)?  Can this be caused by some infection in the sinus?  I did have some solid mucus when I sneezed out about a week ago, but do not see any since.

Another question. I usually go to the dry heat sauna after the workout, and I notice that there is some kind of water coming inside of my mouth from the left nose in the heat of the sauna.  My wife told me that she experiences the same thing and she indicates that his is normal.  Does anyone experience this before? 

I'd like to add that the white noise in the left side seems to be louder and tinnitus is also louder now.

Thanks for any response.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 01:38:36 pm by Jim Scott »
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Noise intensify and some headache
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:13:02 am »
Hi bpham,

Make an appointment and see your doctor.  You may have a scar neuroma, I did and had it removed last July.  Mind you my scar isn't tender to touch any more but the type of headache and facial pain you described I've been living with since my 1st surgery Sept of 2006.  Do your headaches last throughout the day or only at night?  You really do need to see your doctor.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:47:08 am »
Ditto.  Call your doctor.  It may be allergy- or sauna-related, but I would get it checked out.  And don't let the doctor brush you off.  Please.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

bpham

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 05:32:29 pm »
How did they determine that yo had scar neuroma?  Also, what was involved in the second surgery?

When you had the symptoms, were you OK most of the time or you were constantly experiencing the pain and the headache?

My headache only happens when I have stress and not at night.  The pressure happens when I put a finger and press hard on my skull and also when I'm laying down to sleep with the back of my head resting on the pillow.

Thanks.
1cm AN on the left side.  Surgery was on Oct 2007 at HEI.  Currently having issue with it, may be a CFS leak.  Not feeling too well.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:55:21 am »
I could feel a lump just underneath my scar.  It was very tender to touch.  When the Dr pressed on it the pain sent me through the roof.  He tried using a nerve block several times.  That wasn't too successful and it was painful.  Once I recovered from the surgery the scar is no longer tender to touch.

Now the headaches are a totally different story.  I have been plagued with them for a year or so prior to my diagnoses of the neuroma.  Since having the first surgery my headaches have intensified.  I am on neurontin and toradol.  Actually my headaches have gotten worse and I have an appointment to see a neurologist a week today. 

Some of us recover after surgery and have no problems what so ever.  I am one of the lucky ones to have the dreaded headache monster that has become my best friend.  I had to go off on disability this time last year. 

You really need to see your doctor.  I hope you will get the headaches under control.
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

bpham

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 03:52:24 pm »
Anne,

THanks for replying.  My headache is actually not as bad as yours (based on your description), however I know that it is not normal since I hardly have headache before and after the surgery.  I went to my family doctor yesterday and he diagnosed me with ear infection, the same side.  He  said that my ear drum is bulging and not clear which seems like may be it has water or puss...so I'm on a course of antibiotics for 10 days. Let's hope that he is correct.  My sugergy was done back in Oct 2007 without any issue afterward so hopefully this is not related to the surgery or scar.

How long after the surgery did you experience the issue?