Author Topic: Have Hearing test on Monday April 6th SCARED ITS AN  (Read 4750 times)

Keri

Re: Have Hearing test on Monday April 6th SCARED ITS AN
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2009, 10:34:04 pm »
Hi Patsy,
My husband and I both had ear issues. I had the AN. He had a colostiatoma (I'm sure I didn't spell that right). His ENT diagnosed it. He had some of the problems you're having. I think they suspected it and confirmed it with a CT scan or another type of xray. I hope you find out something soon. I wish you had an ENT you liked and could talk to... can you go to another partner in the practice (if there is one)?
Keep us posted.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

microsoftfree

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2009, 04:05:42 am »
Hey, Patsy!

I'll chime in here, too, as one who has been declared AN free. I have had tinnitus for some time, then a bad bout of dizziness sent me to the hospital with accompanying elevated blood pressure. Had a hearing loss and the audiologist said I had hearing loss typical of an AN, but ENT said it was nothing. I wanted to make sure, so went to see the neurologist that saw me in the hospital as he had wanted an MRI that I begged off of. The MRI showed nothing. I still have the dizziness and tinnitus, so will have another hearing test in 6 months to see if it's getting worse.

I have had both an open and closed MRI...the wash cloth helped me, too, with the closed MRI. Ask for one with contrast...I had one with and one w/o. You'll do fine. Make the appointments and go on with your life. I have learned here that AN is not the end of the world and you will have plenty of time to go through the worrying process AFTER diagnosis. Easier said than done, I know. I was a mess for no reason...human nature, I guess.

cindyj

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 06:40:17 am »
Hey, Patsy!  Everyone has already given you great advice - MRI is the only way to know for sure - I'll just add that if you're concerned about the MRI (many are), have your doc prescribe a Valium for you - did the trick for me beautifully!

There are other things that could be causing your symptoms, so don't dwell too much on believing it's an AN, just take the next step and see where it leads.  We will all think positively with you!

Let us know,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings