Author Topic: In wait and watch....and found out im pregnant...not planned !  (Read 2930 times)

AMD

• I'm sorry, could you repeat that?
Re: In wait and watch....and found out im pregnant...not planned !
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 08:11:29 pm »
I went through a healthy pregnancy with my AN, a year before my surgery.  I didn't know I had the AN at the time, which I'm sure makes things much harder for you now that you know.  Ignorance was bliss in my case.  Best of luck with your decision for you and the little one :)

-Amy
Left side 1.7 cm AN diagnosed 7/30/08
Misdiagnosed for 8 + years
Surgery, Sub-occipital, 11/17/2008 at Indiana University Hospital
Left SSD
Tumor much larger than expected. Facial nerves intact, but had RARE swelling resulting in brachial plexus injury and tracheostomy after surgery.

Nicole222

• Nicole, Mommy to Jordan
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 08:03:36 pm »
I, too, was unknowingly pregnant with my AN.  Though I did notice a slight hearing loss during the pregnancy, that was about it.  It was the hormones of nursing (for me) that led to many, many more symptoms which ultimately led me to see my doctor.
Had surgery (retrosigmoid) May 9th, 2008 to remove a 3.5cm AN from left side.
Home one week later, no facial nerve damage. 
SSD -Left ear.
Thankful daily for fantastic surgeons and wonderful family and friends.
34 years old.  Married mommy to Jordan, 23 months.

tatianne

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 09:11:34 am »
Thanks for all the replies everyone...sorry it took me so long to get back but a lot has happened.

A week or so after I consulted this wonderful forum about the pregnancy I started to bleed and the pregnancy was lost.

Im ok. I had mixed emotions about the entire situation. Everything happens for a reason.

Thanks again to everyone..
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Vivian B.

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 11:28:59 am »
Hi Tattiane,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I am also from Canada but from Toronto and also watch and wait. I am with the others, contact your doctor to discuss.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Vivian B.

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 11:31:16 am »
Hi Tatianne,

I did not see your previous message. Sorry about your pregnancy. As you say everything happens for a reason. Keep well.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 05:26:19 pm »
tatianne,

I'm SO sorry about the loss of the pregnancy.  From a guy's perspective and someone who's been on the "guy side" of several lost pregnancies, I'm confident that it's very emotional and saddening.  You're right that things happen for a reason.  You and your family will be in our prayers.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Lupy

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 04:07:53 pm »
Tatianne,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but everything for a reason, as you say. Even if we are not aware of what those reasons are yet. I know it must be a sad and confusing time but we are all here for you. I was on IVF when I found about my AN and had to stop the program, that was hard but now I am just focusing on getting myself well.

Lupy
“Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved” S. Kierkegaard

2.5cm Tumour removed 1/7/2009
Retrosigmoid @ The Royal Melbourne
Debilitating headaches/migraines from 2 weeks post surgery till current.