Author Topic: Thanks so much to all of you.  (Read 4787 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Thanks so much to all of you.
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 02:24:45 pm »
Keri -

I think it's a great idea to tell your doctors just how valuable the forum is.  I've told my neurotologist so many times, he's probably stopped listening  :D  I also mention the ANA just about every time I see him, because I want him to tell all his AN patients about it.

As patients who have been helped by the ANA, and by this forum, I don't think we can tell our doctors enough just how positive our experience has been.  There's just nothing like connecting with a group of people who can relate to the whole AN experience - and while a doctor can tell you his experience, unless he's had an AN, IMO it's just not the same thing.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mimoore

• Believe!
Re: Thanks so much to all of you.
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 07:02:24 pm »
Well said Bob! This forum and the lovely people here have been an instrumental part of my recovery!
Hugs Michelle  :-*
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.