Author Topic: Update  (Read 1955 times)

Patsy1960

Update
« on: May 14, 2009, 05:11:15 pm »
Hi, I have been offline for awhile. Heather got a flu so testing postponed.  She has a endoscopy tomorrow at 2pm and abdominal ultrasound (if needed) on the 26th.  SHe is still having itermittent vomiting after eating, intermittent stomach pain.  Wish us luck tomorrow something minor and fixable. I am still on hold for my possible AN till my child is better. Thanks for listening.

Kate B

• AN World
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:45:39 pm »
Hi, I have been offline for awhile. Heather got a flu so testing postponed.  She has a endoscopy tomorrow at 2pm and abdominal ultrasound (if needed) on the 26th.  SHe is still having itermittent vomiting after eating, intermittent stomach pain.  Wish us luck tomorrow something minor and fixable. I am still on hold for my possible AN till my child is better. Thanks for listening.

Patsy,

I hope all goes well with Heather tomorrow. 

The best part about an AN is that they typically grow so slowly that you can put it on hold for another emergency.  You have time. It is Heather who needs your attention now. 

All the best,
Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:16:54 pm »
Patsy -

has Heather been tested for Celiac Disease?

I only ask because another member of this forum has a daughter with Celiac's.  She was diagnosed as a teenager, but it took the docs a while to figure it out because the symptoms differ greatly from patient to patient.

It might be something to ask about.

Good luck to Heather tomorrow.  Please continue to keep us updated.

Prayers and hugs,

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Patsy1960

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 06:15:22 am »
Thanks for the words of encouragement.  They did mention Celiac so they will be looking for signs of that.  I am on my own today as hubby couldnt get off.  Pray and think good thoughts at 2pm EST today.  Once i get her on the mend its my turn. (-:

Patsy1960

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 09:32:02 am »
Endoscopy showed small Hiatal hernia doens beleive its would cause vomiting and pain, she was a very good patient.  Abdominal Ultrasound on 26th to rule out other cause.  Getting c loser to being able to schedule my MRI to figure out if i have an AN, hopefully in June. Thanks for support regarding my child even though it has nothing to do with AN's. 
Patsy

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 11:39:26 am »
Patsy .....

As a mom, I can fully understand how your child's health takes top priority ..... but, I certainly hope her issues are resolved soon so you can move forward with help for yours!

You and your daughter are in my prayers!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

suboo73

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 06:14:05 pm »
Endoscopy showed small Hiatal hernia doens beleive its would cause vomiting and pain, she was a very good patient.  Abdominal Ultrasound on 26th to rule out other cause.  Getting c loser to being able to schedule my MRI to figure out if i have an AN, hopefully in June. Thanks for support regarding my child even though it has nothing to do with AN's. 
Patsy

Patsy,  It is so hard to see your child in pain - i am so glad you are finding some answers about her condition!  Keep us posted on the ultrasound - we are here for your daughter, and we are he for you.  My thoughts and prayers to you, your daughter and your extended family.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 05:49:15 am »
Patsy -

thanks for the update.  I'm glad you're getting closer to solving this mystery.

Hugs to you - and to Heather.  Good luck on the 26th.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Patsy1960

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 05:52:35 pm »
Her abdominal ultrasound is actually the morning of the 28th, i hope all will think good thought for her. I have scheduled an appt with a different ENT in June to evaluate me, hoping my baby girl is on the road to recovery by than. Thanks for all your support this is a wonderful group of people.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 09:31:22 am »
Sorry, just took the 26th off your prior post.

Will say prayers on the 26th and the 28th to cover all my bases.

Please let us know how everything goes. 

Jan